Thread: My MacBook Air revB crashed upon trying to open an mp4 video

My MacBook Air revB crashed upon trying to open an mp4 video

Hello,
    I have a MacBook Air revB system with me. Yesterday when i was trying to open an mp4 video, then my MacBook Air revB crashed. For shutting down the system i had to press and hold the power button. After that when i was trying to start my machine, then it was not getting started either in either normal or safe mode. I was getting a Grey screen with the Apple logo. I tried it several time but was not able to do it. What is the cause of this problem? If you have any idea related with this issue please help me out. I tried even other solution for getting this problem solved, but not able to solve it out. I hope that you will provide me the required help. Thanks.

Re: My MacBook Air revB crashed upon trying to open an mp4 video

Even i had faced such problem in my system. After trying out much solution finally i was able to fix the issue. You need to follow the instruction which i am providing below.
    • I feel that you should try to run fsck in Single User mode.
    • You will require entering the fsck -fy command after the boot.
    • After doing that it will run successfully.
    • It will give a message that" FILESYSTEM WAS MODIFIED"
    • After getting that message you need to enter the reboot to restart the system normally.

Now your machine will work properly. I hope it will help you.

I have referred you problem and i feel that your there must be problem with your file system, you file system might be corrupted. This is because a hard crash has occurred in your system. If the problem is not with the system file, then some files contents which are required for normal operation might be have been corrupted by the system crash. In order to solve this problem you need to reinstall the operating system on the Mac system. I think that this is the only solution which will help you in solving your problem. So i will advise you to go for this one and let me know the outcome what you get. I hope that it will solve your problem.

I will thank you for providing me the reply. I have tried to run the fsck -fy in single-user mode, but doing this did not helped me out. I feel that the problem is related with the system file, so i agree with the thought of Orton. Can anyone tell me that which files might be corrupted on my system? If anyone has faced similar problem, then please help me out. I am looking for your help. So please provide me the one as early as you can.

I am also getting the same problem on my Mac system. My system got crashed when was doing some work on it. When i am trying to start it, then it is not getting started in either of the modes. I am facing lot of problem due to this issue, because i am not able to do my any of the work. So i am looking for a solution in order to fix this issue. I have tried to implement the above solution and do not seem to help me out. Is there anyone who can help me out? Please provide some suggestions.