Thread: 2nd generation nano not syncing to itunes

2nd generation nano not syncing to itunes

Hello folks i have a ipod nano which i had purchased few weeks before its working fine until last time around when i connected it to the pc for sync itunes, from my pc. Before this it was working properly and i was able to sync itunes without any failure. But now it gives me an error message saying that it cannot sync because the files or directory are corrupted. Can any help me out to solve this matter.

Re: 2nd generation nano not syncing to itunes

I had a similar problem and found out a solution for it. You can try this see if it works for you. When you plug your ipod onto your pc be sure to check your "my computer" and see if your ipod is registering to your computer. If it is then remember the drive letter eg D:/, E/: then go to itunes and select file menu and hit export library and select the drive letter that your ipod had registered.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I had the same problem with my ipod nano. When I tried to "sync" I kept getting the error code. So I tried this solution and this really worked for me. Before syncing itunes what i did is reset my ipod and went through manage all the song manually. After that started syncing my itunes and found that the error was mainly due to a corrupted file on my library. So I just went into the library and found that song and "deleted it" and the next try on syncing it worked and recovered all my songs. you can try this see you can fix your problem.

You must reset you ipod nano if things are not working for you. This is how you can do it.
    Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    This action will reset your ipod entirely. Then you must connect your ipod with your pc and try sync again, it will surely get synchronized. If not then i suppose that your Apple pc suite might have got corrupted and you have to install a fresh copy of the pc suite again.