Thread: iOS 4.1 upgrade leads to Home button problem

iOS 4.1 upgrade leads to Home button problem

I have an Apple iPhone 4 and it is been recently upgraded with iOS 4.1. The problem that I am facing is with the home button as it is not responding well. When I am at home and push twice the button I get redirected to the first page of my home and also when the screen is been off I have to press the button twice to make it appear. What could have been the cause. Please help me out so that I may then be able to perform the task as required. It will be helpful.

Re: iOS 4.1 upgrade leads to Home button problem

I would recommend you to perform DFU restore. This will be helpful and you can thus process out well for the change. IN order to get the implementation to be processed all you need to do is to first turn on the iPhone and then connect it to the dock. Now you have to make sure that itunes is been open so that you will get to know when it enters to the mode. Now Hold the Power/sleep-wake button and then Home button for 10 seconds. Now Release the Power/Sleep- wake button and continue to hold the Home button. Now you have to wait until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode. As it is been done you may then be able to get process with the thing well and perform the task as assisted. I hope this will be better and hence can make the issue that you are facing to be solved. Let us know if you have still not able to get it sorted.

You can follow out the above step to get the issue to be sorted and make the things that is the phone to work well for you. But there is some possibilities that do occur while you perform the task. The last step sometimes take 60 secs or so. Also the screen should be kept off. You should start over if you see Connect to iTunes logo. Also there is chance that it may take few tries and try performing it well by rebooting the phone. Also another way through which you can get to know is by hearing the sound of connecting and disconnecting of the device. Once you hear the USB disconnect sound leave the power button but you must keep hold of Home button until you hear another USB plugin sound. You may get to know the DFU mode in this way easily. So check out and make the implementation as required. Hope this will be helpful.

The problem that you are facing can be resolved out well by reinstalling the firmware for the device. As you said that the device started behaving in unusual way by upgrading the iOS. So basically some problem could be with the firmware or it is not correctly installed. One better way or solution is that you can reinstall the firmware by getting a fresh copy or contact Support help from Apple. You can service the phone from the service center well and check out for the issue to be solved out. I hope this is the best way to get it worked.