Thread: Call Failed on iOS 4 (Iphone)

Call Failed on iOS 4 (Iphone)

Hi all,

I am facing a odd problem. I have recently upgraded my iPhone to iOS 4 and from that time I am not able to make the calls. Whenever I try to make calls it ends the call and gives me message “Call Failed error”. It does not give any such error while incoming call and also I don’t have any problem with the message sending and receiving. I figured out that it is probably with the caller id status which is there on my phone. Please help me. If there is anyone who is also having such problem or has any suggestion or solution for this problem then please post that here. This will be very helpful for me.
    Last edited by Jitisha; 23-10-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Re: Call Failed on iOS 4 (Iphone)

I got the error solved in the following way for my iPhone. Here is what I did to solve that. I went to setting section in that and selected phone and clicked on the My Caller ID. Just check the status and don’t make any changes to that. After that I restarted the phone and I got my outgoing calls back again. You should also try this and I hope that this will work for you also. Last week one of my friends was not able to make the calls to any number and I did the same thing on that and that solves the issue for him therefore I am sure that it will help you too.

Which service provider you are using? According to me the best way to know the answer for this or to solve the issue is to call the service provider that you are using. I think that the problem is with the provider and you should contact them as early as possible. They will give you the exact reason for this issue and you will be able to solve that accordingly. I am using the Vodafone service and if I get any problem related to call or messages then the first r thing that I do is to call them and every time I get the perfect reason along with the solution for this. I hope that you will be able to solve that soon.

This may be the software issue. The software that is installed on your may have corrupted and that is responsible for not getting the outgoing calls. You can try the other solution that you get or you know and ig you found that all of them are not helpful then you can try to restore the phone. When you restore the phone then all the corrupted files in the system will be replaced by the new one and all the setting for the phone will again bring back to the default setting as the new one. But before doing that you should make sure that you have tried all the possible solutions for this and make this as the last option if none of them help you.

After reading your post I think that the problem is with the wifi. Just try to turn off the wifi and again try to make calls and see what happens. This time I don’t think that you will get any of such messages and you will be able to make the calls again. Actually what happens is when you call to any number with your phone then it have to reach a public wifi without any authentication and this consumes the OS and that is the reason behind ending up the calls. I got the calls back when I disabled the Wifi and I think that you will also able to do that. Just try it once before taking some hard solution.

I think that you have not did the proper upgrade of the iOS. My suggestion to you is to upgrade the iOS again. Find out the latest update that is available for you and install that. Updating the iOS again may fix this issue and you will be again able to make the outgoing calls. If After that also you are getting the same error then, you can call to the Apple support and they will solve the issue for you. They have answer for all the possible issues that can happen.