Thread: iPhone only syncing Read exchange emails

iPhone only syncing Read exchange emails

I have iPhone 3G. It is connected to Exchange Server 2007. Everything was running fine until I upgraded to 4.0.2. Just after the upgradation I have noticed that I am unable to sync all of my emails. I can only sync the emails that have been already read but not the others. I have even tried deleting the existing email account and creating a new one on my iPhone but that didn't solved my problem. Is this some kind of bug in 4.0.2 or the problem lies somewhere else? How can I solve this problem?

Re: iPhone only syncing Read exchange emails

It seems to me problem with your email account itself. You created a new email account on iPhone and this is where you made the mistake. You should have, instead, created on the Exchange Server and then see if you are able to sync it with your iPhone. To test if it is working you can create a new test email messages and send it to yourself. This will tell you if you can sync with your iPhone. This synchronization procedure utilities a variety of over-the-air protocols. But the synchronization will only work if you have Outlook 2003 or later installed on the computer which is used.

Right now there is only way to connect an iPhone to Exchange and that is IMAP. So check if you have configured your iphone properly to sync with Exchange Server 2007. Here is how it is done! First install iTunes on your computer. Make sure your mail settings is configured properly having your Exchange server running with IMAP. Now disable (don't delete it) the current email account by going to Mail Settings. Create a new email account by choosing Microsoft Exchange from the list. Type in the new email address. Now type in the username and password in the provided field. Click on Next and the iPhone will detect the Exchange server on its own. Once completed, you can now go to Mail (press Home button and then Mail). You should now see all of your emails and the folders.

Synchronica has recently released a software which includes support for Apple iPhone. With the help of this software you can synchronize your phone with Microsoft Exchange server to retrieve e-mail. The best part is that, as others, you do not have to configure IMAP, the software can do it with the help of a protocol which is accepted by the iPhone. Generally it uses OWA to send messages to the iPhone's email client.

Use the following steps to restore your iPhone to factory default settings :

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
    2. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    3. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
    4. Select the Summary tab.
    5. Select the Restore option.
    6. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up option. If you have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.
    7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you.
    8. Once the restore process has completed, the iPhone restarts and displays the Apple logo while starting up. iPhone shows you the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Keep your device connected until the "Connect to iTunes" screen goes away or you have "iPhone is activated" message displayed.
    9. To restore your iPhone from a previous backup, you should be able to see a screen which says: "Setup your iPhone". Select the backup that you want for your device and click on the Continue button to complete your device's restoration.