Thread: iTunes could not backup the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

iTunes could not backup the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

I am having one issue with the iPhone 4 which is running with the iOS 4.0.1. Actually i am trying to synchronize the phone of mine with the iTunes but every time when i perform the same i am getting the error like this ""iTunes could not backup the iPhone 4 because the iPhone disconnected" due to which i am unable to perform the backup of the iPhone. I am unable to resolve the issue. If any one is having the solution for same then please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: iTunes could not backup the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected

If i am not wrong then you might have connected the iPhone of your with computer using the data cable. Did you checked the data cable. If the data cable is faulty then also you can get this kind of error as synchronization between the computer and iPhone is not being properly done. I will advise you to check whether the cable that you are using is proper or not. To check for the same you have to to first take the data cable and iPhone to different computer and try to sync there and see whether it is working properly or getting the same error. If you are getting the same error then i will advise you to replace the cable with the new one and see whether it is working with the issue of yours or not. It is also advisable that you should check the port of the computer which might gone bad and not showing proper functionality with the synchronization. In that case you should connect the cable to any other port and start with the Syncing. So try this out and let me know if more problem persist.

I think i am having the solution for the problem that you are going through. Actually i have gone through the same problem which is not allowing me to backup the data with the iPhone 3 GS. I was looking for solution of the same and finally come to know that this is caused by the Antivirus program which was blocking the connection with the iphone and itunes. I have just disconnected the device of mine and disabled the Antivirus program which was causing the issue with the same. After that i have just connected the device of mine and got no problem in taking the backup of the iPhone. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours as it does for me. I hope this will resolve the issue of yours too.

I am not sure about your problem but while searching for same come to know that there is an application which can resolve the issue with the same. The user who got the problem with the backup used the AppZapper program which allows the zapping of the iTunes. He zapped the iTunes with the AppZapper. So i will ask you to use the application and remove the iTunes from the system. After completing the uninstallation of iTunes just restart the machine and now reinstall the Apple iTunes and if possible then install the latest version of the iTunes. Now try to take the backup of the phone and i hope this will work for you also as it did for the user. AppZapper is the Mac OS application which deletes the iTunes as well as its content from the system which might be causing the issue.

If you are not getting the iTunes working with the backup of the iPhone 4 and you are still looking for working solution for same then i will advise you to go with the below to go with the below given instruction which will reset the iPhone to factory default setting and work with the issue.

• Reset iPhone settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your preferences are reset, but no data or media is deleted.
    • If that doesn't work, reset iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears restore the iPhone software. See Backing up, updating and restoring your iPhone and iPod touch software.

I agree with the re-installation of the Itunes which might be the issue with the backing up the iPhone. The new installation of the backup might resolve the issue. If the re-installation of the device is not working with the same then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding this issue and see whether you are getting it work or not. As they are the developer and having the knowledge regarding the same. So contact then and ask for the help regarding the issue of yours.