Thread: external optical drive with macbook air

external optical drive with macbook air

I am using the macbook pro from a long time and now want to buy the new Macbook air from the apple but the major concern with the Macbook air is that it does not have a optical drive in it and i am a great music and entertainment lover so wanted to play the DVD and CD's in it. So, is there any way to do the same any suggestion on the topic will work to resolve the issue and also tell me something about the recovery device that comes with the Macbook Air.

Re: external optical drive with macbook air

There are not a number of the options that are available with the Macbook Air for optical drive to use. The optical drive option was available in the previous versions of the Macbook pro which is not a feature of the Macbook Air due to its small size and the design to claim that it is the smallest thinnest laptop ever made by apple. There is not a option for internal optical drive but you can go for the external optical drive which will be compact able with the Macbook Air. There are a number of the companies such a the samsung, Sony which provides the external optical drive for the Macbook Air.

I have heard that apple is providing a new super drive that can be used be used as an external optical drive in the macbook Air. My friend told that there is a problem in the super drive that he has purchased from the app store. I wanted to know which super drive I buy and what will be the price for that, please provide some suggestion on the topic to resolve these issue. Also tell me that there are any alternatives available for these or not in the market.

Apple may believe it's greater than for optical media, but we have a sentiment a lot of MacBook Air clients are going to cease up spending the $100 on the external SuperDrive. The 1.06-pound USB-powered dual-layer burner is as effortlessly covered in aluminum as the Air itself, has a built-in wire and skin texture 4X DL read / write pace, 8x DVD±R, and 24x CD-R. No administrator word on ease of use just yet, but we'd estimate it'll ship next to the Air in two weeks. Entertainingly, the specs say it necessitate a MacBook Air -- but we'll be irresponsibly plugging it into anything we have handy soon sufficient, these are the options that are available with the Macbook air.

The Macbook air comes with the USB recovery drive. A lot of notebook consumer rarely, if ever, uses the DVD drives that approach in the majority PCs and Macs. On the other hand, many are unenthusiastic to give it up just in case they need to install software or observe a movie on DVD. The USB thumb drive explanation is much extra graceful than attaching an external DVD drive and digging up the recovery DVDs. A number of PC producer no longer give recovery media of any kind. Instead, they ask consumers to create their own discs and/or use a recovery divider on their hard drives. Asking customers to burn up their own improvement discs does not offer the best out of box knowledge, but it does save a few cash, a requirement in the spirited Windows notebook marketplace.

The innovative MCE OptiBay was shaped for users who desire as much hard drive ability as probable inside their MacBook Pro, MacBook air, and PowerBook G4, iMac, or Mac mini. The MCE OptiBay restore your machine's interior SuperDrive with a far above the ground performance SATA hard drive, or SSD (Solid-State Drive), of up to 1500GB or get immediately the OptiBay Drive enclosed space and use your own 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD. Now you can have formerly unheard of ability and speed in laptop disk storage space and freedom for the lot you need to store if it is a digital record, tune, photograph, etc. So, it is the ultimate solution for the Macbook air and you will get this external optical drive at a very low cost.