Thread: HP Pavilion tx 1000 Won't Start-Up

HP Pavilion tx 1000 Won't Start-Up

Please help me in solving this issue with my laptop. I have a HP pavilion TX 1000 laptop which has Windows XP installed on it. The laptop was working fine for all these days but now the laptop does not turn on at all. Whenever the power button is pressed, all the LED's on the laptop glow for a moment but then nothing happens. What can be the possible fault with the laptop? Please help.

Re: HP Pavilion tx 1000 Won't Start-Up

Possibly the battery of the laptop is out of charge due to which the laptop is not starting. If the battery is not having sufficient charge stored in it, it will not be able to provide the required power to the laptop for booting. Hence check the voltage across the battery of the laptop and see if it has sufficient charge or not. Connect the charger and let the battery charge for sometime and then try to boot the laptop.

Static charge storage is the major problem which is faced by all the laptop users. Due to the static charge stored near the motherboard of the laptop, the system does not boot sometime. You will have to drain out all the static charge stored in the laptop. To drain all the static charge, remove the battery and press the power button for 30 seconds. Release the button and let the computer sit for sometime. Replace the battery and start the computer.

I suspect that the motherboard of the laptop is faulty due to which the laptop is not booting. The power to all the devices connected to the computer is controlled by motherboard of the computer. Therefore I would suggest that you get the motherboard of the laptop checked and if there are any faults with it, get it replaced.

If you can open the laptop, open it and remove all the RAM chips connected to the laptop. Clean the connecting terminals of all the RAM chips and then replace them back in their respective slots. Check if the system is booting or not. You can also try and boot the system with single RAM chip at a time. If for any particular RAM chip is the system does not boot, then discard the RAM chip as it will be faulty.

The problem which you are facing is due to the heating up of the Nvidia Geforce card which you are using. The graphic card which is installed on the laptop gets heated up a lot which loosens the soldering of the GPU. Get the chip resoldered on the motherboard and see if the problem persists.

Yes it was indeed the Nvidia chipset which was installed on the computer. I took the notebook to the service center and submitted it for the repairing of the video chip. Hopefully the laptop will work properly after changing the graphic chip on the laptop. Thanks for pin pointing the exact problem.

wwwlaptop Guest

Please help me in solving this issue with my laptop. I have a HP pavilion TX 1000 laptop which has Windows XP installed on it. The laptop was working fine for all these days but now the laptop does not turn on at all. Whenever the power button is pressed, all the LED's on the laptop glow for a moment but then nothing happens. What can be the possible fault with the laptop? Please help.