Thread: Is flash memory useful in macbook air 64 GB version

Is flash memory useful in macbook air 64 GB version

I have recently heard that apple is launched the new version of there macbook Air which comes in the 64 GB, 128 GB and the 256 GB in memory but the part that i do not understand was the flash memory and the flash storage. They said that it contains only flash memory and no hard drive which normally present in the other system. So, what is the difference between the flash memory and the normal memory and it is useful in the Macbook air or not, any recommendation on the topic will be appreciated by me.

Re: Is flash memory useful in macbook air 64 GB version

Flash memory suggest to an exacting type of EEPROM, or by electronic means Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory. It is a memory chip that preserve stored information without requiring a power source. It is frequently used in transportable electronics, like MP3 players, and in removable storage diplomacy. Flash memory differs from usual EEPROM in that EEPROM erases its contented one byte at a time. This constructs it slow to update. Flash memory can remove its data in entire blocks, making it a preferable expertise for applications that necessitate recurrent updating of large amounts of data as in the container of a stick. So, these is the reason why apple uses the flash memory in its products.

The 64 GB flash memory that is available is for the macbook air is for the operating system and the applications purposes mainly. For example if you want to install the snow leopard in the Macbook Air so it consumes more than 4 GB and the other 60 GB is stored for the other applications that you can download and install from the app store. The major reason why we are using the flash memory is that it is very fast in performance and the portability of the data is very good in it. So, it is a very good option available to use the flash memory in the macbook air and for other things you can go to external memory to use.

Thank you for the reply as you have mentioned that the flash memory of 643 GB will more than enough of me but I want more than 300 GB of the memory on my Macbook Air which I want to buy from the apple but there is only 256 GB of maximum memory available with the Macbook Air. So what should I do in order to get the maximum space on the Macbook Air as 150 GB of iTunes library is present on the iMac that I used? There must be a way to use the larger memory on the Mcbook Air so please provide some solution on the given topic any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

As you have stated that you want a larger memory for the Macbook air so you can go for the 256 GB version of the Macbook Air which will resolve your problem. Basically the Macbook air which contains the flash memory is for the use of the operating system and for the applications that you can use from the website of apple, these is done to increase the speed and the performance of the macbook Air. As you want to store more data then you can go for the external memory storage which comes up to 500 GB and the 1 TB which will be the ultimate solution for you to overcome the issue.

You do not necessitate flash storage space for mp3s. It is way extra useful to utilize the flash for your apps so they run exceptionally speedy. If it is an option, buy a nice exterior hard drive for your MP3 compilation. There are numerous tiny hard drives that offer 600GB or even 2TB of storage space. Shipping a small hard drives with you isn't that large of a deal, but you most likely don't even necessitate having all your music with you all of the occasion. So, it is not a great deal when you want a large space on the hard disk which is not a part of the Macbook air.

I gamble it is not even close to a basic memory that should be available in the laptop as every lower quality laptop has a 160 GB of the hard disk memory which is not a part of the macbook air. If it is a 64GB drive I gamble it formats out to concerning 60GB. Then chuck on not just the OS but everything else that ships and it's almost certainly closer to 53-56GB complimentary. Of itinerary I am guessing so hopefully someone who's in fact used a 64GB drive approximately here can ring in. The way a number of apps build a protection net approximately you (iPhoto making manifold copies of every picture in your album, iMovie saving clips you erase, etc.) I just can't observe a 64GB drive doing the work if not it's truthfully a browsing & workplace only kind of use.