Thread: Make iMac to DVR by Eyetv cable dongle

Make iMac to DVR by Eyetv cable dongle

I am wonder if I can employ the Mini Display port input by means of a hdmi my acer revo has hdmi as video out might i attach it to the mini display port and view it on my 27" imac display 27 imac Mac OS X (10.6.4). Just tell me how to sound it so that it doesn't get yank. I believe this is a legitimate question, and all I want to do is ask a simple question.So I want to know that how to make iMac to DVR by Eyetv cable dongle. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Make iMac to DVR by Eyetv cable dongle

Included in the Elgato EyeTV kit is all a user needs to get his system set up for between to a cable line or snag channels in a straight line from the airwaves. At its core, the super-small USB dongle plug-and-play analog/digital TV handset connects computers to a television source directly via USB. After plugging the dongle into the computer, video sources then bond to the end of the mechanism from side to side either a composite or S-Video cable. In a nod to the old school, the EyeTV Hybrid can also join directly to a receiver by an F to MCX adapter too, or can even be used to incarcerate video from analog sources like set-top boxes, VCRs or camcorders depending on complex preferences.

Once connected, Windows users can find the way and manage TV happy via Windows Media Center. Mac users on the extra hand can take advantage of the unit's robust EyeTV 3 software that provides attractive much all of the huge features found on any DVR. For instance, users can rewind, fast forward and pause real-time TV. Schedules can also with no trouble be setup for footage favorite shows and editing out superfluous content automatically. Programming information is provided by TV Guide, which is free with the arrangement for one year. After that, users will be asked to pay an annual fee of $19.95 to maintain it.

You need to insert your video-capturing device's fitting disc in the iMac slot-loading drive. Double-click the fitting software to run the setup, and attach the video capture card to a USB port on your iMac. Connect the DVR player's video production to the effort on the capture card with S-Video cable. Connect the player's audio output to the capture card by means of composite audio cable. Run the video-capturing software you put in from the disc, located in the "Applications" folder. You need to Click "Capture from device" to start footage the signal from the DVR. You need to Press "Play" on the DVR player to drive a signal to the capture card. Adjust the color, contrast, hue and diffusion with the DVR remote control. Monitor the video signal on your computer screen, and stop recording when the picture looks good to you.

Inside your Mac Mini’s case lie in wait a jumble of overcrowded components. You’re certainly not stick in any TV tuners, video cards, or hard drives. So what do you have to work with?
    • DVI out - you can join your Mac Mini to your TV.
    • A firewire port - enormous for connecting external hard drives (that 80gb hard drive wasn’t ended for HTPC’ing).
    • Four USB ports - you’ll use these to fix external tuner/audio cards
    • Optical digital out - hook your Mini straight up to your handset
    • Plenty (1gb) of Ram
    • Aptitude to boot Vista or XP to get benefit of DVR software.

If you are Apple to the center (wink) and desire to boot OSX, the Eye TV 250 power be your ticket. It comes with a smash out box that includes all the necessary inputs. The Eye then hooks up to your Mini through USB. This hardware also comes with some DVR-ish software to let you list recordings etc. Runs $150 on Amazon. If you’re eager to boot Windows, then you might want to run with the HVR-900, a USB tuner card. The main disadvantage is the HVR-900 doesn’t do any instruction, so your CPU has to select up the slack. Costs $80. The ConectX break box by Plextor is another Windows/Mac These solutions connect only a single tuner. If you wish for to watch one channel and record another, you’ll want two of these USB devices.

I had never hear of TV, the app that do nearly everyone of the tricks, but after reading the piece and seeing it in action, I was reminded of my PowerMac 8500 AV, which at the time boasted a blazing 120MHz PPC processor and didn’t I just think it was the coolest. It comes with an request that permissible you to watch and record any video or audio source related to the engine which was totally cool at the time (summer 1995). Actually it in fact was a very cool appliance and built-in as the AV indirect all the (analog) acoustic and video in and out connectors to arrest and post pleased out of the box. Today, you have to acquire equipment to do the thrilling, and the Mac mini is definitely no different.