Thread: Macbook Air 2GB RAM or 4 GB RAM

Macbook Air 2GB RAM or 4 GB RAM

Hey guyz.... Came to know that Macbook Air is having the RAM option as 2GB and 4 GB... I am going to get an 11.6" MacBook Air laptop in a week.. I will probably upgrade only some of the options which i think i will need in my system... Can you please give some suggestions on which will be the best option for me or which is worth.. 2 GB RAM or 4 GB RAM??? I really don't have any idea about this..And usually i surf on internet or play some online games or just check my E-mails etc.. Nothing serious.. I have an iPad too, but i need to have a macbook air laptop... So you guys please give me some suggestions over this.. Please post your replies as early as possible...
    Last edited by Hectorss; 22-10-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Re: Macbook Air 2GB RAM or 4 GB RAM

Yes, Macbook Air laptop comes with two options.. One for 2 GB and other for 4 GB..See its totally up to you, if you are ready to spend some more bucks.. If you are ready to spend some extra money then you can go for 4 GB RAM.. It is for sure that 4 GB RAM will work faster and better than 2 GB RAM.. It is also dependent on the frequency of usage of the system.. So you can simply think about your usage and your budget and then accordingly you can take a decision.. I hope you will be clear with the issue after reading this post..

Re: Macbook Air 2GB RAM or 4 GB RAM

Well before I decided to buy a new Macbook Air, I used to have a HP laptop with 1.4 GHz processor and 2GB of RAM (With HD technology).. I never had any problem with my laptop even when using the Photoshop software or any stuff.. But when i tried using some big games(Big in the sense, games of large size) my system started hanging and started giving weird responses... That was the time when I decided to buy a brand new 15" MacBook Pro...It comes with a "trial period". In this you can try and check for the 2 GB RAM for your system.. If you think its working then you can keep it... But according to me you should go for 4 GB RAM because in future if you try to load any specific game or any software those software requires a specific criteria for loading the applications.. So at that time you will have problem loading the applications... So go for the 4 GB RAM...ok...