Thread: Shall I have to go for replacement

Shall I have to go for replacement

Hey friends I have purchased the new iphone4 from the apple store in month of august. And I really love this. There is no any issue in this but yesterday I have noticed that I have 2 black speck of dust I guess it is under the glass one part of dust is on the left upper side and the next one is in the center part of the phone. I have seen these 2 black specks on white backgrounds which is same like in the safari and application with the white backgrounds possibly. I come to know in the 3GS and 3G iphones the glass and the LCD were take apart and that’s why dust would go in which is same happen to me as well but that’s not the issue, on the other hand when I had dust in my 3GS under the glass like 6 months ago which I did obtain a replacement for from the apple store, the dust was WHITE and it was all over the screen and collected over time, on the iphone 4 , the 2 specks that I see are BLACK, I believe that the dust came from somewhere inside the phone , not from outside. So should I just keep this or I go for exchange? Because regarding this I am scared that if I get the replacement then may be in that piece there would be more severe problems. Sp please advise me that regarding this, what should I do?
    Last edited by SajalSOFT; 23-10-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Re: Shall I have to go for replacement

Here this is up to you. If you are worry that the replaced piece which you get may have sever others issue then just live with these two small specks of dust or whatever it is. And there is nothing to be worry about exchange under warranty. An exchange under warranty will be the same warranty as the original purchase. According to you which issue is more serious that is problem occur in the replaced iphone or that the issue which you are currently facing.. So according to that decide from yourself. And regarding this if you want my opinion then you have to replace this do not worry about the issue which will be going to happen may be that iphone will be better than this. So I am just giving you my opinion if you want then take it otherwise use your own brain.

I have also faced this issue then. But in this the problem was my warranty period gets over. Then I have tried to make this issue clear from the mobile shop. I have given my phone to repair them but after that when I use this I have found that the issue gets fixed but the screen gets little kind of dull I have complained regarding this then they have told to me because of repairing it, this kind of things mostly happen so we cannot do anything regarding this. At that time I was really disappointed and now I am living with the same issue. So I will suggest you that if your iphone is in the warranty period then you just make the use of that and replace you phone.

Anybody have solution of this that how can I remove those small specks from my phone. Because I am also facing the same issue and it looks really odd. I was thinking that I will give it for repairing but in the previous reply I have seen the issue which gets created after repairing. So if anybody have better solution from this then please try to pot it as soon as it is possible for you.

Just for your information I want to make one thing clear over here. Actually when you exchange under warranty it will remain under the same warranty as the original purchase. But regarding this I do not know that whether it will do for you or not. So as soon as you can you just replace it why you want to live with those kinds of issues. I have also faced this kind of issue and I have replaced it and now I do not have any issue with the replaced phone. So it is up to you whether you want it or not.