Thread: MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK

MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK

I have been surfing on internet and come to know that Apple is planning to buy the new Macbook Air which is having the new feature installed in it. I am having old Macbook Air and wanted to switch to this new Macbook Air but i have heard that the new MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK. Is it true? If it is true then what will be the price in other country. Any suggestion regarding must be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK

Yes this is true about the Macbook Air this is the most expensive laptop in world. The reason behind the success of this device is just the Apple product which is having the large number of reliable user. In UK this is launched and having the most of the user with the same. Also the rate is affordable as the this is the lightest laptop in the world and offers the great look. The UK people are now getting it little costly. Rest of the world still have to wait for the release of the same.

Yes you are right about the MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK. The UK people are getting it more costly then the other country. What Apple think about this i don't know but ad per my knowledge this is all because of the currency exchange rate. The currency rate are depend on the pound that is weak or higher compared to the US dollar. If the rates of the US dollar are weak then the UK Pound then there is possibility that the UK people will get more reliable price for the Macbook Air. But still the conclusion is this the it completely dependent on Apple who can decide the rate for his product and can be goes up and down as per their policy.

I know the reason behind this price hike in the Macbook Air in the UK. If you see the US price then you will come to know that the US price does not include the Sales tax and any other extra tax on the Macbook Air. But if you look on the UK price list the you will found that the UK price include the VAT with the device which is in term of pound and cause the price hike in the Macbook Air. This is company policy to decide about the taxes and VAT. If you are having any issue with the price the don't buy it company don't care about the same. The only thing that can cause the price lower if in any case the pound crash on the Dollar then the Macbook Air will automatically become cheaper. Also this crashing can cause the Macbook Cheaper then US in UK. This is what i feel about the same. Hope you will understand it properly.

I have gone through the same and let me tell you that this is true. This is the fact that the VAT is causing the hike of the price to the 17% but Apple is not the one who is taking the advantage of the same. The VAT is decided by the Government and can be caused by the same. If the Government of the UK will give some relaxation in the VAT then it is possible that the people of the UK will get the device cheaper. Instead of complaining to Apple regarding the issue with the same then i will advise you to ask about the same to the government of the UK and see whether you are getting the proper solution or not. All i have this about the same hope you will like about the same.

I am not sure about the price hike of the Macbook Air in the UK but can tell you that it is better to ask about the same to the developer of the device i.e. Apple. As they are the developer and might be having some knowledge regarding the same. You can ask your query on the discussion.apple where the expert of the Apple are helping the user with there doubt and issue. You can also mail the apple regarding this "MacBook Air is 34% more expensive in the UK" issue and i am sure you will get the proper reply for same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting the proper solution or not. Also po st the suggestion on this post so that other can aware of same.