Thread: Keypad not working in nokia E7

Keypad not working in nokia E7

i have a cool nokia E7 which i have purchased a few weeks back. Its has the best features of all the nokia mobile phones. But yesterday, suddenly the entire keypad of my mobile stopped working. When i switched of my cell removed the battery and again switched on it was working fine. But again after some time the keypad stopped working. I havent dropped my cell any where. Please can some one tell what is the problem of my cell , is it a hardware problem or a software problem.

Re: Keypad not working in nokia E7

Since you havent dropped the cell phone its very difficult to tell what exatly the problem is. But you can try various options such as formatting the phone if that doesnt works for you than you might have to give it to the shop for the repair. Also try to scan your mobile phone using any antivirus, it might be that some virus might have enter into your mobile.

Yesterday morning I had exactly the same thing happen to my E7,When I pressed some button the phone went crazy and started opening random things. I tried removing the battery, removing the SIM card but nothing worked for me.
    Finally i went to the repair shop, for repairing the mobile but the guy told me that it is impossible to repair the phone cause its internal circuit is damaged. I was shocked as i have never ever dropped the cell. Finally i have to throw this cell and bought a new one.

Looks like this problem is facing by every one. When I sent the mobile at service center for the repair they said the keypad issue is because of the OS problem. They did repaired and gave me and it worked well for 6 months after that the problem started again.

smile Re: Keypad not working in nokia E7

Hi i had my nokia e7 for one week all worked well then it got dropped ,i thought all was ok until the next day the speaker stopped working, followed by the screen tilt blocking on horizontal , so no calls coming in ; tried to use the keyboard not working so no sms and no login was not very happy as i live in france and the tel was bought in england. first thing was reboot no go, second retelecharg soft , no go took out sim card but when i tried to put it back it was being blocked by something. so i got my micro screwdrivers out and opened her up,and i found that at the end of the simcard tray is a small shelf that holds a micro multiplug in place was all bent up so the plug had droped out this shelf is very week and is a bit loose for my liking so i straitend it up and put it in the other way round so now there is no way the plug can drop out put back together and it all works perfectly PHeew

O by the way i put a bit of cigaret packet at the bottom of the battery, the connections are not very tight so the battery slides up and down hope this helps, not that we are supposed to open up the phones but i am an electronics eng so it helps.