Thread: Unable to connect gprs in sony ericsson p990i

Unable to connect gprs in sony ericsson p990i

I have purchased a new sony ericsson p990i a few days back. I am using Aircel sim in my mobile. I would want to know how to activate gprs on my mobile. I called the customer care of aircel they have sent me the wap settings but then also i am unable to connect it to the internet. When i try to access a website from my mobile its gives an error message saying "No internet account are set up" . I have already made my account on my cell but still its not working can some one help me out.

Re: Unable to connect gprs in sony ericsson p990i

First off all be sure whether the settings are completely installed into your mobile. When the customer care sends you the gprs setting, see too it that you are not performing any work or not attending any call on your phone. This might lead to incomplete setup. If you are sure that the setting has been completely installed and then also it is not working then try on a different mobile, see if it can help you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Even i m using P990I and i have a similar experience of problems connecting to MTNL Dolphin GPRS. I had downloaded the settings several times but still it was giving some errors. I called up customer care and they told me to go to mtnl gallery where they can directly put the gprs setting into my sim. So I went there and it started working completely. See if this works for you.

When you have completely received the setting of the gprs. You have to follow certain steps they are.
    1 You have to go to your internet settings on your mobile and click on the setting name which you have received eg wap bpl.
    2 Then go advanced setting and there you have to set the internet mode,give proxy address, username and password.
    3 After you have to switch off your cell and then again switch it on and you will find that you will be able to connect it to the internet.