Thread: MACBOOK: .mkv file not playing

MACBOOK: .mkv file not playing

I have a Dell computer which is compatible with the windows 7 operating system, the system specification is 2GB RAM with the 320GB hard disk drive. Which works fine with all the features. Recently got a film which is a high definition file which plays fine in my computer. And I wish to give it to one of my friend, who is using the Apple Mac Book Pro. The problem is the file which is the size of around 4.5GB is not playing in the Mac Book. What is the problem can’t understand, which is playing fine in my computer but not in the his Mac Book Pro, is there any file extension problem? This is a .mkv file. What should I do to view the file in the MAC Book Pro? Any other suggestion will be appreciated….

Re: MACBOOK: .mkv file not playing

Sometimes it is found that the OSX does not support all the file extension, make sure that the file that you are trying to play may not be compatible with the operating system of the MACBOOK pro. For that I think you can share the file into the network, this is the easiest way according to me to transfer the file over the network it will not be the issue for the file size or the extension of the file. For that a application is used which is named as “Mac Fuse” which will allow to run any type of the file extension in the MACBOOK Pro and also able to read the NTFS format disk. Because the entire file in the Apple application are not supported by the OSX.

Yes this is the only way to transfer the file into any machine from the windows machine, without any problem in the file extension. I did this, it really a good one for sharing the file in the network. For that you just make some changes in the setting, for that you go to the properties of the file that you want to transfer then go to the Sharing tab of the properties window. Tick the two options that appears in the Network sharing and security (which will change the name of the share computer and the network user will allow to change the file), and then click on Apply and then the OK. And by this option you can easily share the file into the network.

If you wish to share the file that you want to give to your friend, the sharing process is now known to you, but I have some information about how to receive and the play the file from the network. Connect the MACBOOK with the network. From the MACBOOK pro go to the MENU from the Finder and choose the option which named as the Connect with the server. Enter the name of the device instead of the IP address number, suppose the name of the MACBOOK is “MY MAC” insert the name into the IP number. After found it automatically, the server will prompt to enter into the network. After the enter you have to choose the file that is shared in the network for you, mount it into your MACBOOK pro. Then the folder of your window will mount into your MAC. Just drag and drop the file into the drive and then you can able to view the file in to the MACBOOK Pro.

I would like to share a few information about the file extension that you mentioned in the post, the .mkv extension is the format which contains the media file like the video file or the movie. The .avi format is also supported by the .mkv format. This format used to encode the videos it want the own decoder and the player to view the file. Is not the standard for the distributable videos. This formatted file can able to play only to the selected player. So to play the .mkv file you have to use the player which can only can play the file. There are two codec player which are supported by the MAC are named as the VLC and the Mplayer, these two players are the popular,
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever