Thread: Dock magnification/menus/hot corners not working!

Dock magnification/menus/hot corners not working!

I am using a Macbook and i have installed Vista as well on this laptop. I am facing some problems on this laptop with regarding the dock magnification as when i am moving my mouse over the dock, it doesn't magnify at all. Even clicking on an Icon didn't magnified it. Another thing is that when i am opening the program from the dock is not coming on the forefront. One more problem which i am facing on my macbook is regarding the Menu as going the Menu which has Sub Menu, Sub Menu should automatically pop out which is not happening. Please help!!! What has happened to macbook? Even Hot Corners are not responding at all.

Re: Dock magnification/menus/hot corners not working!

I think that this all issues are related to the Mac operating system which you have installed on your laptop. Actually i cannot point to the particular file due to which these all problem might be creating but i suggest you to reinstall the Mac OS X on your laptop which will surely solve this problem. Make sure that you have to remove the Vista as well and then start installing the Mac OS X first followed by the Windows Vista if you really need it.

It does not seems to be the problem with an operating system to me as i think that this would be some tweak with the user created on your mac os x. I recommend you to create the new user on your macbook and then log in with the new user id and password which would be having all the default setting so that you don't have to search for the default settings for this user. Now you are just left with checking the problems as it appears with the new user too or not.

I have a little trouble with the mbp. In fact, apparently, it will come from poor management of the swap. Suppose, for the launch Safari, I go to a site where there is more than just html, mouline ca, ca grate hanging 10s, and after the pages are fluid. Firefox same. I realize that this is the case with all applications, Photoshop has a lengthy introduction, and when I see other mbp shot, I tell myself that I really have a problem. I do not even allow me to enable the expansion of the dock is not so smooth as it gets really inconvenient...That now, it seems that BISAR the swap can be managed better since bcp tiger, and I still have this problem on leopard.

With a MacBook Pro and 2 GB of RAM, you can not allow you to activate the Dock magnification?? Your Mac has a problem. Unless it's your processor that is saturated. Recently, I realized that DashBoard had planted and I took 90% CPU resources. Initially, I thought like you and finally, it turned out it was my CPU was saturated. But honestly, these delays on a powerful machine like the one you have, this is not normal. Except for Photoshop. Whatever happens, and whatever your Mac, it will ALWAYS start with for ages!!

You installed the iStat Pro widget (one column is dedicated to the memory management of the RAM and swap). You restart your computer. You look after just how divided the RAM and if the swap already appear (as long as many applications to launch on startup). You continue to work normally, and you look from time to time via iStat Pro managing the memory and the emergence of the swap. When the swap appears, you look into the monitor activity at the breakdown of memory request in relation to each application. Then your going up the situation you describe and you make an assessment via iStat Pro and the activity monitor. As the size of the swap, the more there will be delays due to lack of RAM and disk access most frequently. You have 2 GB of ram. I would say that from 512 MB swap, we must seriously consider to add more ram.

There's a scam that lets you to turn ON and OFF the magnification of the Dock in real time of your macbook. You just need to press the Shift and Control keys at the same time which takes you you over the Dock. If magnification ON, It will get turned OFF. This can be helpful when you are attempting to take something on your desktop and the magnification keeps on moving the dock into the way so that you can't grab what you want. Immediately turning-off the dock magnification solves the problem. If the dock magnification OFF the pressing the Shift and Control key for sometime will cause the magnification to turn ON.