Thread: Getting rid of "shiny keys" and preventing it?

Getting rid of "shiny keys" and preventing it?

I have just bought a new Alum Macbook and it been only three weeks that i have used this macbook. I have seen many people has some problems for cleaning the keys of their macbooks. Some of them like the shiny keys and some don't. Actually i am from the both categories as it depends on my mood that what should i do with my macbook. Can somebody tell me that how can i get rid of these shiny keys?

Re: Getting rid of "shiny keys" and preventing it?

Whiteness is not exactly how long I have the new aluminum keyboard (USB wired version) have - think times as 2-3 months. View grad that have already begun to wear. The space key which I have to 99% with the right thumb operator in the right half - as where the thumb meets halt - even a slightly shiny spot. The surface is thus a little smoother than the rest of the button. And how about with you from? Find it a bit strange after such a short time ago to see signs of wear.

People, this is aluminum! Oxidized aluminum as hell (why are most of the planes also painted so beautifully) and responds to your acid mantle of the skin. I have no aluminum keyboard, but if that is not specially treated, does halt after being used like this...Does that get away with a special polishing paste. That is yours, now shiny button is quasi-polished. So you ought to mirror polish the other unpolished buttons. So carrying it with dignity.

I think that the keys are no longer dull, but there where one often has the finger on it (eg on the right and left of the spacebar) the buttons are shiny with time. Annoys me a little, but I think you can not do nothing, right? And the problem but probably everyone, right? Me and my sister-in 13 "for sure!

This is just a very individual, some type for months and you see nothing. On my white Macbook different buttons in time to be dark. But even with the above-mentioned method, it looks like new. I think it is not wear and deposits, as the old matte state can not recover with isopropanol. Whatever it would be but i just got that it is not easy to get rid of this shiny thing.

For MBP I can not change the keyboard of course (it would have to send in), but I still doubt the fact that it is up to the quality of the keyboard, because with a microfiber cloth I can finish "polish away". So is this "greasy" become?
    However: Type I then, the shine is after about 100 strokes back. For example, the esc key and the F3 and F4, I almost never use that are still pretty dull and a little rough.