Thread: "Unable to format Nokia 5800 Xp Music 8Gb Micro SDCard"

"Unable to format Nokia 5800 Xp Music 8Gb Micro SDCard"

I am having been using Nokia 5800 Xpress phone from last couple of years, i had it from the time it was launched it has great features like have 3 MP camera with flash, it is a touch screen phone and comes with external memory which is 8 GB. I have been using it properly using bluetooth to exchange the data from other device of mobile phone but recently when i tried to connect to other phone to bluetooth,my phone received the data but my phone doesn't work smoothly after having the data. I think it is got corrupted because of the virus problem by sharing data because when i tried to format my Nokia 5800 Xpress phone memory card which is 8 GB doesn't format to erase data from it which is corrupted. So if anyone having solution for it please post the reply for it which will be appreciable.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 24-10-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Title edited

Re: "Unable to format Nokia 5800 Xp Music 8Gb Micro SDCard"

I was having the same problem with my cell phone memory card which also 8 GB in my Nokia phone as I was new user I was not having any idea. I have been searching for the solution for about a week then someone suggested the solution, which is present in the phone itself to format memory card. You can try the same which might help you to resolve your formatting problem by using the file manager to format the memory card present in your phone. You can locate it in the applications menu go to applications button then select file manager where you have your memory card select the option in which you are provided with format command you have to just click on it and it will get formatted.

The problem can be of memory card which might be right protected because of which you are not able to format your Nokia 5800 Xp Music 8Gb micro sd memory card. So to resolve this problem you need to remove the rite protect from your memory card after which you will be able to format your card. You can remove rite protect by going to the property option of your memory card when you connect it to your computer where you will get the option of removing rite protect from your memory card. After using this your problem will be solved and virus will removed from your card.

I was looking for same problem's solution but i resolved the problem because it was done by myself as i have put the password for the memory card because of which it was not able to format, so just remove the password after which you will be able to format your 8 GB micro sd memory card which you are using in your Nokia 5800 Xpress. So try this solution if it is because of password problem.

I have try to follow the above solution to format my Micro sd memory card in my Nokia 5800 Xp Music phone. I was not able to get the solution for the problem so last thing which i would go for is that get myself new memory card for my Nokia 5800 Xp Music phone because it was corrupted by the virus which was there because of data exchange with other phone. So if anybody still have any other solution for the problem please do post it.

I think you can resolve your problem of formatting 8Gb micro sd card of your Nokia 5800 Xp phone which is corrupted with virus in it from the other phone. It may happen that you may not be format it using the option of formatting memory card in your phone sometime, so to solve such problem with formatting memory card can be solved by the tool from HP which is HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool which will surely solve the problem. After which you will be able to load the data in your memory card and use it in your Nokia 5800 Xp Music phone.