Thread: 8G RAM in a Macbook Pro 1.5?

8G RAM in a Macbook Pro 1.5?

I am using Uniboard Macbook pro 1.5 form last 6 months. It has 4GB RAM DDR3 and I think so that is the reason I am not getting good speed when I play games. I know that 4 GB RAM is good but still I am not getting good speed. When I start playing it gives me slow performance and sometimes game start getting pause especially in war games. I am not sure that it is all because of RAM. But still I want to replace my RAM with 8GB if it is possible. is this possible to change RAM ( 8GB) in my Unibody Macbook pro 1.5 ? System configuration of my notebook is:
    1. Processor :- intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53 Ghz
    2. MainBoard:- Nvidia MCP79MX 9400MG
    3. Memory :- 4GB RAM, GDDR3 1.066 GHz
    4. Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB Core
    5. Display : 15.4” 1440 x 900 pixel
    6. Hardisk: Hitachi 320 GB

Re: 8G RAM in a Macbook Pro 1.5?

I am also not sure that you are getting problem from RAM because I am playing games on mine same MBP and I am not having problem and RAM is also 4GB. Maximum time people have problem in games just because of graphic cards. You should try to change your graphic card. Try same game on your laptop with another graphics card and check the outcomes. If you game is running smoothly then you have to change your graphic card. best of luck!
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I using 8 GB RAM on my macbook pro without any problem. I think so you can also upgrade your system RAM from Apple technician store. Just ask them is it possible to change your RAM but for your gaming performance I am sure that it is not happening just because of RAM because 4 GB RAM is almost capable to run games smoothly. My computer configurations are: 15” display with 1600x 1080 resolution; 8 GB RAM, Hard disk is 500 GB ; windows 7 64 at Bootcamp.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I was also trying to upgrade my RAM but apple technician deny because my processor was not enough to utilize 8GB RAM. How much RAM you can use in your system it depends on your processor and if your processor is not enough then it is not possible. If your processor speed is 2.66 GHz to 2.93 Ghz processor then you can change otherwise it is not possible. Mine was 1.9 Ghz so were not ready to change. Sine your speed is 2.53 GHz then it is difficult to recommend you 8 GB RAM but still ask support center.

MacTracker is software which helps you to know about your Macbook laptop. You can use this software to know you processor capability. After reading your laptop specification I am sure that your maximum speed should be just 5-6 GB but still I am not sure about it. My brother has replaced his RAM and now his laptop worst. If your processor is not capable top handle 8GB memory at instant, you cannot use 8 GB RAM. As above explained that you should try to change your graphic card because maximum time problem start just because of graphics card. Also update your video drivers and check the results.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I love to change my RAM to 8GB but if my processor is not capable then I will not change it. Problem was not in RAM, it was happening just because of graphics card. I bought new graphic card form nvidia and I have solved that issue. I think so my graphic was corrupted, I do not what was the reason but I bought that card just 6 months before.