Thread: 2010 MacBook Pro i5/i7 having freeze issues

2010 MacBook Pro i5/i7 having freeze issues

I do have the problem for about a month on a brand new beast MacBook White (purchase of 11 March 2010), which I did install, from the beginning, a 320GB Serial ATA HD (Samsung HM320IIMedia) in replacing the original 250GB. All fifteen to thirty minutes (and sometimes twice in the same minute), the colorful wheel mill for 20 to 30 seconds that I can not use the Mac. Everything seems frozen, then after 30 seconds, everything returns to normal. Unless my nerves, subject to an event I can not stand since I stopped developing in Mac OS9. Please help.

Re: 2010 MacBook Pro i5/i7 having freeze issues

The new MacBook Pro 15 "are identical in appearance to the models released last year with a removable battery and memory card reader-SD, with the difference they board the latest generation of Intel and a new map Nvidia more efficient.The MacBook Pro 15 "consists of three models all with 4 GB of DDR3 memory, two GPUs and a bright LCD with a 15.4-inch LED backlight. At first glance, one might think that the 15-inch MacBook Pro is more expensive than the previous version, but in the end, only the entry ticket is higher.

It was believed Optimus technology from Nvidia that allowed the passage of the transparent graphics chip Intel Nvidia graphics card ... It is not. It is in fact Apple has developed its own system, built into Mac OS X. In fact, to play the role of the processor is much less important than the graphics card.So OK, i5 is less than that is worse than an i7. But to play, no need for a processor to 300 €. Personally, I have a Core2 E5200 cost me € 50 and that gives me, overclocked, the performance of a virtually E8600. Coupled with a 4870X2, I can play anything (Crysis high, full screen HD) without processor exceeds 40%. And a Core 2 E8600, to reiterate, is far behind i7.

Apple had no choice. In fact, Nvidia has not won the license to produce chipsets for the new Intel Core i3, i5 and i7, Apple was forced to use a set processor, Intel chipset and dedicated Nvidia graphics card as the MacBook Pro 15 and 17 inch. Only here, the motherboard's 13-inch MacBook Pro is far too small to hold all these components. Apple would review all of his plans redesign a motherboard, chassis and cooling system.The side of autonomy, with the new Apple MacBook Pro hits once again very strong. As with the iPad the U.S. firm announces 10 H autonomy on the 13 "and 8 to 9 am on the other two versions. In this area, Apple has made incredible progress and becomes a new leader market.These gain significant autonomy comes in part from technology Optimus NVidia to access the dedicated graphics card if required.

As for 13-inch models, for starters, the amount of RAM goes into standard 4 GB Similarly, the smallest hard disk from 160 to 250 GB Those who expected an update not all machines to processor class "i" Intel will be disappointed because the MacBook Pro 13''wisely remain to Core 2 Duo, even if the frequency increases: Among the new features, we note autonomy still increasing, since Apple announced about 10 hours now. To achieve this figure, we are talking obviously of office use, no video games or movies in HD. In addition, the video card is a GeForce 320M now.

By cons, as for models with larger screens, there are standard options for new ranges:

* A hard disk up to 500GB
    * SSD of 128, 256 or 512 GB (price of gold for it)
    * An amount of RAM up to 16 GB.