Thread: How Many Cycles Does a MacBook Battery Last

How Many Cycles Does a MacBook Battery Last

I have a macbook unobody aluminum, and I will like to change to a unibody recently released white plastic. I have a small question: I thought I saw that on the new white models could not easily remove the battery. Is this true? Because I often work without a battery for not wearing it when I'm on the field, and I put it only when I'm traveling. So i want to know that how many Cycles does a MacBook Battery Last. any idea ? Thank you.

Re: How Many Cycles Does a MacBook Battery Last

Technology rechargeable lithium currently offers the best performance for your Apple notebook, iPod, iPhone and iPad. The standard battery technology team also many other devices. Apple batteries have the characteristics of lithium technology that equips other devices. As with other rechargeable batteries, you may need to replace the batteries at one time or another. Lithium-ion polymer concentrate more power than nickel-based batteries. You get an extended battery for a lightweight, lithium is the lightest metal. You can also recharge a lithium-ion batteries when it suits you best, without having to wait for a complete discharge or to hold a full charge the battery for optimal performance (unlike batteries which the nickel progressive accumulation of crystals prohibits making a full charge, which requires waiting until the battery is completely discharged.)

Most lithium-ion polymer batteries use a fast charge to charge your device at 80% capacity, then switch to trickle charge. This represents approximately two hours to recharge an iPod to 80% capacity, then two hours to reach its full charge if you do not use charging. Lithium-ion batteries can be recharged many times, but a limited number, defined in terms of "charging". Charge cycle. The use and battery charging at 100% capacity corresponds to a full charge cycle. A charge cycle means using all the energy of the battery, but does not necessarily mean a single charge. For example, you could listen to your iPod a few hours a day, using half the energy available, then fully recharge. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so it might take several days to reach the end of a cycle. Each time you reach the end of a charge cycle, the battery capacity decreases slightly, but you can use the iPod batteries a large number of charge cycles before they fall to 80% of their original capacity. As with any rechargeable battery, you may be asked to replace your battery.

You may permanently damage the battery in your iPod, iPhone, iPad or laptop if you use it in temperatures above 35 ° C (95 ° F). The battery can no longer power your device as long for a given load. You may damage it even more if you charge the device by such temperatures. Even storing a battery in a hot environment can damage it irreversibly. Perhaps you notice that using an iPod, an iPhone or an iPad in a very cold environment alters their autonomy. Unlike hot environments, this is a temporary condition. Once the molecules have warmed the battery, the battery recovers its previous capacity.

For owners of MacBook and MacBook Pro , It has not escaped you that your laptop was fairly autonomous. But the battery supplied with your machine is obviously not eternal. However, you can prolong its life and, at the same time, maximize the life of your Mac. For this, nothing could be simpler. Firstly, it is unnecessary to preserve your battery to withdraw it when you plug your laptop into the mains. Indeed, Mac OS X includes an energy saver that detects the level of your battery and is recharged when the cut is 100%. You can use your Mac carefree and once again, everything has been designed to simplify its use.

Your battery Apple recommends to calibrate bimonthly. This calibration procedure is very simple but takes time. You just think of the conduct. The ideal is to set a date.
    * At first, connect your MacBook (Pro) and fully charge the battery. To see if your computer is fully charged, take a look on your adapter. If the light is green, your battery is fully charged. If your computer is on, you can also watch the battery indicator is denoted by a battery icon located in the top bar of your Mac.
    * Leave the battery charged during two hours. In other words, if your MacBook is on, leave it connected to power during this period.

You can now unplug the adapter and run your laptop on the battery. Use your MacBook until exhaustion of its autonomy. You will see a first warning message about the level of your battery. Prepare to save your work when your Mac is completely unloaded. Your phone will start to dip into its energy reserves and eventually put it to sleep when the battery is discharged. Therefore, leave it for more five hours or turn the same period of time. The five hours are spent, you can reconnect your MacBook (Pro)| Fr] and launch a full charge. This is very useful. Think ahead to enjoy the pleasures of your Mac longer, with enhanced autonomy. Admit that it would be a shame to deprive.

Apple discovered some performance issues with some batteries used in its MacBook and MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo. These models were sold between approximately February 2006 and April 2007. Apple has made available to affected customers to update software designed to solve these problems and has implemented a program to extend coverage of repairs up to two years from the date of purchase affected batteries.