Thread: How do I get Macbook audio to my HDMI TV

How do I get Macbook audio to my HDMI TV

I love to watch movies that I downloaded with limewire on my TV. I have a MacBook I just bought. I also buy the cable to plug into my mac and the cable to plug into my TV. The cables are connected correctly but I only have the wallpaper of my computer that appears on my TV?! I'm launching a movie or open programs on my computer, the screen of my tv does not change always the Desktop background that appears on my mac but nothing else. Can someone enlighten me on the procedure to follow please? Thank you in advance.

Re: How do I get Macbook audio to my HDMI TV

Mini DisplayPort-HDMI adapters. Especially since the adapter to HDMI for audio, still uses the audio jack of your Mac and sometimes it uses a USB. So even if you have to buy an audio cable, same perspective, it will cost you less expensive than those adapters. Finally, if you disposed of course the small speakers that are higher that your TV offers. But even Creative 20 Watts to 40 . Finally for Audio it would be simpler if you know what you (TV and have no audio input?).

You can connect your MacBook Pro and iMac HDMI to your HDTV while enjoying the sound and video. Simply plug this adapter into the Mini DisplayPort your MacBook Pro or iMac, connect the adapter to your TV using an HDMI cable (available in promotional package), select the appropriate sound output in System Preferences and get out now photos, videos and business presentations on your screen in Full HD (1080p)! Accompanied by a keyboard and a wireless mouse, this adapter lets you use your TV screen like a real computer screen.

Some website Offered at a very attractive price, this compact adapter will provide you with unprecedented ease of use! * The only vehicle on the MacBook Pro marketed since April 2010 and the iMac (Late 2009).
    Specifications:

- Mini DisplayPort to HDMI
    - Transportation of sound and video *
    - Compatible with standard Mini DisplayPort 1.1a
    - Compatible with HDMI 1.3a (up to 2.25 Gbps)
    - Supported PC Resolutions: VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA and UXGA
    - Supported Video Resolutions: 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 1080i and 1080p
    - Cable length: 16 cm
    - Dimensions (connector): 45 x 45 x 10 mm
    - Weight: 30 g
    - Color: White

Mini Display Port to HDMI integrating the audio (note that the ports Mini Display Port present on the Mac can not escape the sound). Kanex recidivism by offering for sale the past few days, a peremettant new adapter to get sound into digital. Mac, and integrate it into the HDMI signal (with video), to send it all in the living room TV. I want to connect a MacBook Pro on a recent TV Philips. For the image I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable and it works pretty good. I did not quite understand why you should use the F7 key to show that there actually was on the Mac. By upgrading its cons, the Y-cable.

Before the release of the latest MacBook and MacBook white, the Mini DisplayPort output was content to carry the video signal. The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapters should therefore fall back on the video and some more advanced, would get the audio signal on digital output or via a USB port. Today, the new MacBook Pro (mid 2010) and MacBook White (2010) and the iMac came out in late 2009 have a Mini DisplayPort output also carry the audio signal, only all the adapters are not compatible. The French MacWay just launched a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI with Audio for about 25 euros, introductory price, instead of 30 euros requested. This adapter supports HDMI 1.3a, 1080p and the Mini DisplayPort 1.1a.

Apple has quietly changed its implementation of the Mini DisplayPort in the new generation MacBook Pro to enable him to pass an audio signal in addition to the video signal - perfect for connecting to a TV via an HDMI adapter. According to the test MacBook Pro 13 "directed by MacWorldThe reality is actually somewhat more complicated. With a cable Mini DisplayPort> HDMI first prize, the video signal going on, but not the audio signal coming out from the speakers of MacBook Pro 13 ". Apple recommended using an adapter a little less low end, as Griffin Video Converter Display. On the Apple Store online French, he will certainly fall back onDr. Bott adapterBut it is not clearly indicated as being fully compatible with MacBook Pro 2010. Remains whether it is a specific implementation of the Mini DisplayPort Apple, or, most certainly, a difference in wiring between the low-end adapters and the adapters a little more expensive.

Simply plug this adapter into the Mini DisplayPort your MacBook Pro or iMac, connect the adapter to your TV using an HDMI cable (available in promotional package), select the appropriate sound output in System Preferences now and enjoy your photos, videos and business presentations on your screen in Full HD (1080p)! Accompanied by a keyboard and a wireless mouse, this adapter lets you use your TV screen like a real computer screen. For iMac users (end 2009), careful not to make the update 10.6.4 which causes failures Mini DisplayPort with audio. On the MacBook Pro on the market before April 2010 and iMacs before the end of 2009, only the image is conveyed. Sound will continue to be broadcast via the speakers of the computer.

I am recently purchased a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI to connect my MacBook Pro to my 24 "screen and my LCD TV. Me after several small tests, I give you my impressions. How come this?PRICE: 20 to 30 euros depending on the brand. The connection is very simple: you connect an HDMI cable to your TV or external display and then you plug the mini DisplayPort at your Macbook Pro. If you use a TV as external display, you must change the source on it; home button on the remote is called TV / AV. Once the source is selected, you should see the wallpaper APPLE (Galaxy Purple Rose as I call it). Then simply drag your elements (a movie on VLC for example) to this screen and voila. If you want to work in extended desktop, you must go into System Preferences -> Displays and you select "EXTENDED", you can also change the resolutions always in the same menu to adjust the characteristics of the external display. Small flat: The new MacBook Pro (MID 2010) unlike older generations, pass the video and sound, whereas before only the video going. Finally this is what was said at their official release. On sites "Macophiles, we were told that with these adapters there (above) could have access to video and audio which unlike the old should still fall back on their adapters with sounds taken external costing within 70 to 80 euros. Well have to do the test, the sound does not go with this adapter.