Thread: Touchpad of HP Pavilion dv6 not working properly

Touchpad of HP Pavilion dv6 not working properly

I am utilizing Ubuntu 10.04 on a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. I am facing a problem with my touchpad. It is a synaptic touchpad with multi-touch sustain. The touchpad buttons are included into the touchpad that is the buttons are themselves touching responsive. While I utilize two fingers the mouse pointer bounds on the screen randomly. This stops me from utilizing drag and drop, choosing and copying and so on. Please assist me either to facilitate multi-touch support or as a minimum immobilize the bottom 1/4 th of the touchpad.

Re: Touchpad of HP Pavilion dv6 not working properly

I had the similar trouble on a novel HP dv6 3120 laptop and Ubuntu 10. I gone behind some extremely easy directions I establish. They refer to a dissimilar HP model (a Netbook in fact) but they worked in my case also. The pointer no extended bounds around while I place two fingers on the touchpad, and left and right key clicks effort just excellent as well as dragging and so on. Scrolling does not effort up till now, but I am seeming into it. I will allow you know if I discover out something.

To obtain the trackpad functioning properly you require utilizing the terminal and type in the lower commands. Make certain you push enter later than every command:
    Code:
    sudo su
    echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
    reboot
    One time the computer reboots your trackpad will be able to do left click and haul and right clicking.

Actually if you untidiness with the synclient alternatives you can make this trackpad effort alright. I have a pavilion dv6 and it has a same trackpad. By transient these commands to the terminal

Code:
    synclient AreaBottomEdge=3850
    synclient JumpyCursorThreshold=90
    I was able to create the mouse work the majority of the time the method I required it to. That being said I am motionlessly cleansing this for my trackpad but this should obtain you on the right track. I place it in a ‘sh’ script to sprint at startup so it does not relapse to the default config in the xorg.conf file. You could as well edit that file to craft it enduring but as this is an effort in progress continually re-editing system files can be a irritate.

Did you only do those synclient commands without utilizing the commands or do you signify you did those moreover. If so: do you still contain touch rolling? My main trouble was the key area was perceives as touch part, rotating off horizontal scrolling in mouse partialities sorted that, but after that, while I attempted to drag the mouse the pointer would bound to bottom left of screen the moment the dragging handle came off the pad, making dragging a window not possible. I am only checking that was your problem too? I assume this trouble is caused by the truth that this touchpad is intended for fancy two fingers touching in windows, and iPhone.