Thread: PS3 and iMac Airport Extreme Connection?

PS3 and iMac Airport Extreme Connection?

I have a Playstation 3 and an iMac Airport Extreme that I want to use the media server option on my PS3 by transferring my data (movie, music ...) from my mac to my PS3. Under windows i can do with windows media center or home, but here is nero mac c software does not exist. So if anyone knows an alternative that I say it and is it hard to configure. Can anybody know that PS3 and iMac Airport Extreme Connection. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Re: PS3 and iMac Airport Extreme Connection?

You are fortunate to have a iMac 27 inches and despair of not being able to connect your PS3 ? Rejoice Kanex sells a box that you can now realize your dream. In simple it, simply connect your console to the HDMI attachment, which deals to make compatible the signal via the Mini DisplayPort machine of Apple. The system is only compatible with the screen 27 inches from the mark to Apple, the glitch is that, for now, the Mini DisplayPort allows only one resolution 1280x720, or 720p. Kanex property, for its part, his accessory is ready to transmit a 1080p signal, as soon asApple permits.

A converter can finally connect an HDMI source on the latest 27-inch iMac. Apple unveiled its new iMac line. Big news, the 27-inch model had finally entered a video in Mini Display Port. Apple had then communicated officially to the possibility of connecting external sources such as game consoles or a Blu-ray. However, the California company had made it clear she would leave it up to manufacturers to provide third party adapters. Belkin was the first to produce a Mini Display Port Cable to Mini Display Port to connect a MacBook to the iMac 27 inch, but no one had previously proposed an HDMI adapter.

It's been months since I try to connect my PS3 online using Wi-Fi on my iMac and nothing worked. Problem IP, DNS problem, the PS3 could not even see the connection in the automatic scan ... Why, I have no idea, but this weekend, serendipitously, I stumbled on the solution to my problem and I decided to share it! Before you begin, please note that the following approach was tested on an iMac G5 PowerPC 2004 with OSX 10.5 and a 80 gig PS3.
    Step One - Test Connection
    Ensure that you are connected to the Internet through a source other than wifi (usually Ethernet).
    Step Two - Allow Internet Sharing
    * Open System Preferences and click Sharing
    * Select "Internet Sharing" under the list of services.
    * Sub To Computer Via: section, tick the "Airport".
    * Click "Airport Options"
    * Enter a name that is easy to identify your new network (in this example we will use NDS)
    * Leave a "channel" in Automatic and enter security details as you see fit (My suggestion: Tick "Enable Encryption", enter a password to 5 numbers, 40-bit encryption).
    * Click OK
    * Now check the "Yes" next to the box Internet Sharing Service. If your AirPort is off, it will tell you that he needs to turn. It will also be asked "Are you sure you want to enable Internet Sharing." Select "yes" to both questions.

You need to configure your Ps3:

* Select (Settings), then (Network Settings) menu.
    * Select [Internet Connection Settings]. Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen appears indicating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
    * Select [Wireless].
    * Select [Scan]: (A list of access points within range of the system is displayed. According to the model of the PS3 ™ system in use. Select [Automatic] using an access point.
    * Your SSID: NDS (or one chosen in step 2)
    * The IP address is the first that you obtained earlier, but increase the latter figure... (Example, mine could be 10.0.2.4)
    * Subnet Mask is: 255.255.255.0
    * Gateway: Your first same IP (eg 10.0.2.1)
    * Primary DNS: The server that your command "dig" was released earlier in the terminal.
    * Test your connection and enjoy!

On the Mac, Open the Internet sharing as follows:
    Go to preferences "Sharing". Then Share your connection from: Ethernet
    To computers using: Airport. Then go "Network Preferences".
    1- Select Airport and go in Advanced Settings.
    2 - Select "Airport" and check the box: "Remember the networks that this computer was connected.
    3 - Select TCP / IP
    3.1- Configure IPv4: Off
    3.2- Configure IPv6 Automatically
    4 - Select DNS
    4.1: Add two DNS servers.
    - 8.8.8.8 and
    Regarding the Mac, it's done.
    Moving to router.
    1 - Go into your settings NAT advanced.
    2 - Select Virtual Server.
    3 - Open Ports (Select ALL protocols, TCP and UDP):

* -Top - End
    * - 3478 - 3479
    * - 5900 - 5901
    * -- 443 - 444
    * - 5223 - 5224

Finish by the PS3
    1 - Select the network settings Personified.
    2 - Continue to "Ip address setting"Selected "Manually"
    3 - Enter these values:
    IP: 10.0.2.2
    Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 10.0.2.1
    DNS1: 8.8.8.8
    DNS2: 8.8.4.4

You need to go to System Preferences> Network. You select Airport and you click on Advanced ... and you will tab TCP / IP. Then comes the same configuration as above me. Do not forget to Apply. Then go to Applications> Utilities> AirPort> then you do Manual Setup> Internet. In boxes Server (s) DNS: you have two IPs, the first is the Primary DNS and the 2nd is the Secondary DNSNote by the few because you will need it for the PS3. Then turns your PS3 and the network setting you chose to set Manually
    In the router's IP puts you 10.0.1.1, IP Ps3 10.0.1.2 and Primary DNS and Secondary you put the two DNS IP noted above.

MediaCenter is a term that is widely used since few years. MediaLink must say that promises much, just see:
    * Full integration with iTunes. Visualization and reading playlists, audio podcasts and videos, update automatic play lists when they are changed on the computer.
    * Integration with iPhoto: same story. Visualization albums, slideshows, etc. ...
    * Large number of supported formats. Among others: MP3AAC, WMA, WAV, MPEG1, MPEG2 MPEG4, H.264, AVI, WMV & ASF, DIVX, JPEGGIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP.
    * Streaming movies directly from the computer. Fast forward and rewind all the usual controls.
    * Reading folder hierarchies. If the user is no fan of iTunes or iPhoto, MediaLink knows browse the records and acknowledges the media present.