Thread: windows mobile:Installing an application - date and time eror

windows mobile:Installing an application - date and time eror

Hello I am windows mobile 6.5 user and I have some application installation problem. I am not able to found its solution. When I go to my markets place and get login by me my windows credential. I can install application in my mobile, I am looking to install one application but whenever I click on it to make it install on my mobile, it gives me error, “your phone's time information appears incorrect” . When I check my time zone setting, it all is correct. I have tried to install this application by changing my name but did not find any installation and received same error. I have checked for that error on Google but no where I found the solution. please if you people have any idea inform me on this thred,

Re: windows mobile:Installing an application - date and time eror

I am seeing this similar problem on lots of mobile but every mobile has something in common. They all are with same range and supports secure HTTP. What I know, some part of secure HTTP works with time and time zone. I your time zone has problem then HTTP will stop your application installation. It will make your validation wrong. I think so somewhere it is a bug and Microsoft should think about this problem. They should add these time zone in their HTTP security list

I am also aware about this problem because I am also not able to use this facility. Whenever I try to install application I receive time zone related error and they all because of HTTP. It is bug because after getting lost of completion still Microsoft is not ready to add our time zone related information in HTTP security. But still there are some options which can allow you to work on market place. Just try to change your daylight saving setting. Maybe it can help you mobile to get installation. It did not help me but I read somewhere that peoples are getting benefits via this trick.

Hello same issue is going on my windows mobile 6.5. I am not able to install same application from 2 weeks. After reading this thread I came to know why it is happening. You know I have sent almost 10 emails about this problem but they are just giving me only one reply “just update you os or make it for mat or make it reset”. I think their technician has by hard all these solution and doesn’t matter what is the problem. Thanks for giving right reason which looks sense full. And my time zone does not use DST so will you like to tell me that which date format you are using on your mobile. I will also try to use same date format on my mobile. Maybe it can solve the issue

Hey I am sorry because I am little bit try to change this topic. I do not have any problem with time zone. I was able to install application via my market place login. But yesterday, by mistake I made uninstall this marketplace application. Now I am not able to get it back on my windows mobile 6.5 mobile. so is there any way to get back this application again on my mobile. I am using HTC HD2 mobile. please I really need this one because i know hows much useful this is. i have already installed some very useful application from marketplace. that is the only reason i am obsess from this application.