Thread: Problem while connecting nokia 2700c via bluetooth

Problem while connecting nokia 2700c via bluetooth

I am using nokia 2700c from last 1 year. All its feature are working fine but since a couple of days it is showing some problem while i am trying to connect it to the other mobile phones via bluetooth. I have tried several times but still it is showing some error. Whenever i try to connect it to other mobile phones it gives an error message saying that that the phone cannot be authenticated. Can someone please suggest some appropriate measures for the same.

Re: Problem while connecting nokia 2700c via bluetooth

Before connecting your mobile to other mobile via bluetooth switch off and on your mobile then click start your bluetooth and search for the devices if again it is showing the same problem then try to connect it with some different mobile. If the problem still persist than there might be some software failure of your mobile which you will have to give it for the problem to be fixed.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have purchased a new nokia 2700c 1 week before, all its features are working very good. When i tried to connect it to the pc via bluetooth it is giving an error message like "cannot authenticate the mobile phone". i have even installed the nokia pc suite on my pc but it is showing the same error can some please help me out with this.

This is a solution for the problem of unauthorized mobile phone.
    Firstly, after repeated trials even if it is giving the same error then you should reinstall fresh copy of the nokia pc suite onto your computer. Even then if it showing the same error then there might be some problem in the mobile hardware. Also check whether the computer drivers which detect the device are installed or not.

This is the exact solution for the problem.

After installing the drivers, you will find that the microsoft stack is still hogging the actual bluetooth device plugged into your USB port.
    You can change to the widcom driver or the proper driver that came with your device by:

• Right click "my computer" - select properties
    • Select the "Hardware" tab
    • Click the "Device Manager" button
    • Expand the Bluetooth section, and right click your actual bluetooth device (Blutonium, or whatever chipset is in your bluetooth device - NOT the enumerator)
    • Select "Update Driver"
    • Choose "No, not this time" and hit Next
    • Choose "install from a list or specific location"
    • Click "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install"
    • If you have installed your drivers for you device, then you should see it in the list of compatible devices now being displayed. Select it, and click Next.
    • The system will install the driver.
    • Click Finish....
    • Done!

You have now changed the Bluetooth driver stack to your proprietory one (probably the widcom set).

You only need to enable to the serial port service functionality on the setup wizard for your own computer.After you do the above, PCSuite should discover and connect reliably.