Thread: No GPS fix on iPhone 3G after iOS4 upgrade

No GPS fix on iPhone 3G after iOS4 upgrade

I got fed up by means of the no gps problem and ended up going to the apple accumulate. The genius gave me a substitute phone and gps seemed to work extremely well on the substitute, additional than the touchscreen had tribulations. I then returned with the intention of replacement and got a second replacement which is having the similar GPS imprecision as my innovative phone. This is perceptibly a software bug by means of ios4 with the intention of apple has yet to address. I am tired of apples lack of superiority control in their recent products and determine to be giving the impression of being for an substitute as almost immediately as my contract by means of AT&T expires. I need some suggestion here regarding this.

Re: No GPS fix on iPhone 3G after iOS4 upgrade

I am having the similar GPS tribulations by means of iOS 4. The Runkeeper is ineffective and I have immediately come back from a trip by means of Tomtom + Tomtom Carkit. The majority of the time there was an precise fix additional than I have comprised and lost correlation many times and this has not occurred previous to. First, I turned off position services for the entire of my apps in Settings. Then I rebooted the iPhone (utilizing Standby at the top and the home key concurrently, grasp them until the phone powers off. Then power the phone back up by means of the Standby button). Subsequent to having powered the phone back on, I went back into position Services and twisted the location service on for merely the Apps I required. Arranged, this does not restore the GPS accurateness I had previous to the 4.0.x upgrading, it gets me to within 50 ft as an alternative of 6000 ft.

Well, Scratch with the intention of worked extremely well for regarding 30 minutes, then back to immediately as terrible as previous to. Trying a second time did not anything for it. On the other hand, subsequent to tinkering by means of it the entire in excess of again, turning WiFi back on seemed to assist considerably. Apps which necessitate locations services got wedged the recent past in an additional city. Did the restrictions trick and restored a number of apps. Maps app frozen in last city. Same predicament here used to have great gps reaction, at present. The 3G phone by means of iOS4 installed. Apple would not you please fix this. It seems with the intention of not even downgrading to OS 3 helps.

I am tranquil amazed with the intention of most of them have encompassed this major flaw in the operating system and most of them are the entire discussing it on the Apple support forums and not on one occasion has a representative stepped in by means of a declaration or an explanation to what is to be completed regarding it. I personally imagine it's disgusting with the intention of most of them have worked out the entire thus money for apps they not be able to utilize and Apple presently do not seem to care. If you are reading this as I am certain you are its regarding to me you chimed in and let us be familiar with what you are doing regarding this tribulations.

My GPS was fast and precise previous to IOS4 and at the same time as it be able to run ultimately, excavation at present takes 3-5 attempts and more than a few minutes to fix a decent position. Google maps used to be so helpful additional than are rendered 90% unreliable by means of IOS4. I am a shareholder, have purchased plenty of Apple product in excess of the years and continuously evangelize to additional. Of course, it most excellent not to spook the markets by admitting to each diminutive mistake additional than people are not stupid so it actually undermines my feelings and hold up or maintain of the brand when Apple immediately ignore or deny fundamental issues similar to this (and I encompass experienced comparable examples previous too.) Apple, give pleasure to imagine regarding softening this corporate policy of by no means admitting there is a tribulation. Or superior tranquil, quietly problem a fix for this IOS4/3G bug.

It come into view with the intention of Apple does not give it what occurs to their users, the merely thing with the intention of matters here is money with the intention of leaves everybody who purchased an iPhone. They imagine with the intention of everyone has sufficient money to purchase the iphones desirable to be satisfied. With the intention of would be ideal for them. No matter with the intention of most of them has tribulations or if the iphone is useless subsequent to the update. There are plenty of individual shareholders, analysts, reporters, bloggs, etc with the intention of are immediately giving the impression of being out for their self interest as an alternative of reporting things as they actually are.

I was finally capable to get Navigon to run on a current trip to Toronto. Tribulations is, on one occasion most of them hit Toronto and Navigon began recalculating the route based on traffic information in sequence, it incessantly lost the GPS lock and would necessitate 15-20 seconds to lock on the entire in excess of again (not easy when you do not be familiar with where you are going). It in conclusion necessary a hard reset of the phone in organize to run. It seems as if each time Navigon recalculates a route or gets intermittent (SMS, phone call), the GPS lock is lost. Is this immediately a Navigon problem or is it occurring to additional apps similar to it. In addition having issues by means of GPS subsequent to upgrading. I in addition restored and re-installed the entire apps needing GPS and tranquil having problem. My tribulations has resolved itself. Unhelpfully I not be able to say why. I did spend 30 mins outside trying to get a fix. I by no means had an precise fix in with the intention of time. On the other hand that weekend GPS started working superior than ever.