Thread: SMS Delivery Report on OS4.0

SMS Delivery Report on OS4.0

Are there a number of person here who be able to tell if there determine to be a sms delivery function on OS 4.0. This was an significant thing on my previous phones and each phone had it. At present I am extremely pleased to have my Iphone 3gs in view of the fact that the recent past and I am a diminutive bit sad regarding with the intention of point that there is no alternative for a delivery report. I be able to merely utilize a gsm code, additional than with the intention of is kind of annoying. It has not been announced. SMS delivery reports are a carrier thing. Contact your carrier regarding how to do it.

Re: SMS Delivery Report on OS4.0

Additional than it’s a carrier thing to send them other than not to order the report. Each and actually every phone as an alternative of iphone has this function. I had a lot. You be able to do this by utilizing a gsm code similar to *N# for O2 Germany, additional than this is usually completed by the phone mechanically. For the Iphone I have to type it physically. At Nokia for illustration you have an alternative to turn on for delivery reports and it determine to demonstrate you on the screen with the intention of the message were sent productively. When doing this physically at the iphone you receive a sms which says communication delivered additional than there be supposed to be a switch in the messages menu to turn on this alternative mechanically as an alternative of typing it in each message. Even the cheapest Samsung phone of my friend has this function. I anticipate Apple determine to bring this characteristic, and I think there are a lot of people waiting as I be able to observe and wait for it.

Seriously, do you actually not recognize the functionality dotmatrix812 is asking regarding. Yes, the carrier make available the delivery report, additional than unless the phone has an alternative for auto-requesting reports and a method of handling the established reports (an icon next to sent messages representative delivered/undelivered etc), it's attractive much useless. The Jailbreakers be able to inaugurate the app iPhoneDelivery and get this functionality, it's completely integrated and does a tremendous job I have heard. According to this, you determine to get a Failed SMS Notification if the communication failed to send, additional than I have seen nothing regarding an automatic delivery function.

I read regarding with the intention of in addition, other than notification of send failure and notification of recipient take delivery of failure are two dissimilar things. My guess is with the intention of perhaps this functionality is not the entire with the intention of common in the US. In Europe most of them have had it for numerous years on Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones, most of them take it for granted. Maintain in mind how long it took previous to we got MMS hold up or maintain on the iPhone. Actually exasperating for us in Europe, other than MMS was not big in the US yet so it took a at the same time as. MMS was big in the US. Apple immediately tried to get people to do things a diminutive in a different way and people prefer low superiority MMS pics in excess of superior quality email pics.

The entire I do is added *0# add the commencement of several text where I necessitate a delivery report. If it's delivered I get a communication. If it’s not I get a message. And then when it in conclusion gets delivered I get an additional message. Yes a number of got it right. I be familiar with the intention of the report itself is a carrier thing, additional than similar to somebody wrote the function of automatic request and the method the phone handles the respond is what I meant. Additional than the thought is I do not purchase a expensive iphone to do a jailbreak on it immediately to get this characteristic. Then I might have purchased a cheaper hacked iphone. So I anticipate apple determine to perhaps do somedays an update and deliver with the intention of great outstanding characteristic which the jail breakers programmed extremely very superior.

It's uncomplicated if your network permits in addition to utilize with the intention of prefix to force the SMS delivery report. Vodafone does not present with the intention of extra alternative. So moreover you utilize a phone with the intention of sustains or maintains the proper protocol (in which case Vodafone determine to provide the delivery reports) or nothing. The must encompass requirement for Apple is to facilitate the SMS Delivery Report functionality on the next OS upgrades. Otherwise, Vodafone be supposed to consider in addition adding the *0# alternative for manually forcing the SMS Delivery Report. I am actually disappointed with the intention of the iPhone 4 is tranquil missing such fundamental and essential functionality.

They previously be familiar with regarding this. They had this thing in their lists additional than they tranquil insist not to put into practice it. I originate out that iPhone give a lot of concentration to shiny characteristic with the intention of impress people additional than those of true usefulness. SMS delivery report is a extremely significant characteristic to numerous people, essentially even to most people, who does not desire to be familiar with for sure with the intention of his message was delivered. Subsequent to OS4, I am convinced at present with the intention of they have decided to drop this characteristic from their wish lists. I am at present giving the impression of being at additional phones with the intention of implement this characteristic. The iPhone engineers live in a closed world. They believe with the intention of what they do not desire to implement is not helpful.