Thread: Problem with Mail application on my iphone

Problem with Mail application on my iphone

Hello,
    I facing the problem on my iphone. When i email someone a photo from my iPhone 4 mail application, i am able to see it at the right side up. The problem starts now when someone receives it, then the photo comes as sideways and not right side up. Do any one have any idea related with this particular problem. I require some help.

Re: Problem with Mail application on my iphone

I want to know that the picture which you are trying to send to other person is taken from your phone or it is taken with the help of a camera. I want to also know that was the camera completely vertical when you took the picture? If you provide me this information, then i will probably be able to recommend you some solution for your problem.

Thanks for the instance reply. I referred your post and find that you have asked me few questions. Yes the picture was being taken from the iphone and also the phone was vertical while taking the picture. So the pictures should be send vertical, but this is not the case. I hope that i have given the answers for your question.

Well i just send it as a test to myself and what i find is, it is working well on my iphone. I feel that there is some problem with e-mail program. There might be situation that the e-mail program is not recognizing photo orientation tags. I want to know one thing that are you able to open the attachment in a graphics application?
    Last edited by Leonard; 15-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.

I think you are getting this problem because, there is a tag in the picture which tells that the picture was being taken vertically or horizontally may not be recognized by an email application. There might be case that the Apple has changed the meta data in iOS4. I am not sure, but this may be the reason why you are getting this problem.