Thread: Copy sms only from iPhone 2G to iPhone4?

Copy sms only from iPhone 2G to iPhone4?

Here I just want to be sorry for my bad English language. Here I would like to get information about how to transfer my sms through my recent iphone 2G to my current new iPhone4. And first thing is that I do not want to do the total backup and the sync back. Here I do not want to use my new one as a maiden as it is.

Re: Copy sms only from iPhone 2G to iPhone4?

Related to this I have searched a lot and then visit most of the forum site and there I am not able to get the correct solution for this. And also I think it is not possible for you. Transmitting an iPhone's backup to an iPhone is all or none. And there is no choice to choose the data only that is included with the iphone back up.

I think yes there is a way of doing this with no need it restores all things. And you will be able to do this without any of the hacks. It will only require that a restore. But here I think it will restore of your iPhone 4 through your iPhone 2G's text messages. And this is tried by the most of the user on the different phone and it is working well. I think this solution will also help you in a better way.

Hi friends, I have read all the post which his given by the users and one thing here is that I have also the same issue. And the solution which is given here I have tried that but I just want to inform you that after restoring the Iphone 4 backup Itunes give me the error message. So please if anybody have better solution that this then please helps me.

I was also facing the same issue but when I read this thread and after reading this I do not think that it will going to help me but I have just given a try and there is the happy news my problem get solved. I do not know that why it is not working in your case might be there is an issue. I think you are not able to do this properly.

I have also tried that solution and in that I get the error. I have not remember the correct error message, but it was a pop-up of a small message saying somewhat like "Error in the back-up file", and I am not able to restore it to that backup, and require to setup as a original phone instead. Are you able to please let me know if it works for you on the iphone 4?

Here also the same issue and related to this I have tried some of the solution also but I am not able to get the success in that. When I was visiting the forum site I have got that most of the user are facing the similar issue. So please let me know any better solution if you people aware from this.