Thread: There is drop calls with bumper case using iphone 4

There is drop calls with bumper case using iphone 4

Can anybody recommend me on how to deal with the Apple Genius guys? Ever since I have observed my iPhone 4, I have been receiving dropped calls, even with a case I place on. I got a buffer case freshly and it still came into view to drop my calls, typically within the first 20 seconds. I would say it come about one out of every 7 calls or so. I went to the apple store, planned an intellect appointment, then came back and waited over 35 minutes to see a Genius. But nothing happen. If you have any idea then please suggest me.

Re: There is drop calls with bumper case using iphone 4

I have also faced the same issue but when I started to talk with that guy and I have explained all the dropped calls which was I getting. Then he plugged my phone to his laptop and demonstrates me a screen that said that I have 0 dropped calls. But for whatsoever reason the calls are in fact dropping. I explain this to him and he said he did not desire to help me with doing something because "I was unable to repeat the problem in front of him". I tried to call 611 and repeat the trouble, but it did not repeat in front of him. I was hoping for a replacement so I could hope that it will work better than which I had.

Regarding your issue I think that it is happening due to the sensor issue and also it maybe earlobe is hitting the End Call button. Recently I am also facing this issue so I also do not aware much more about this. When I was using the phone at that time it is happening. Currently I am running the latest i.e. iOS4, 4.0.1. So do you have any idea then please post it.

I am also thinking like this. And I think it will not show up the dropped call. So I think you have to go back to that guy and tell him that you think your proximity sensor may have the issue. Do not tell them that it is the dropped call. If you tell them that it is due to proximity sensor them he will give more attention to it.

What if you utilize the earphones and do a number of calls to cross-check? If the difficulty carries on while using the earphones it is the receiver issue. However, with the bumper it should not be a trouble at all. So if you want then you can give the try to this. I think it will fix your issue.