Thread: How to use iphone as a pager for the business?

How to use iphone as a pager for the business?

I am here looking for answer that people are using to let their iphone to be used as pagers. We at present are sending the text messages like pages to the iphone. It works immense, but you are not able to customize the alert to carry on reminding you if you fail to spot it, etc. the present answer to this trouble is an application out there but it only works for jail broken phones. Has anybody found any more solution to help in the alert component of sending pages to business members using text?

Re: How to use iphone as a pager for the business?

I am also facing the similar difficulty. I carry both my iPhone AND a pager. I wish to obtain rid of the pager and create it so that people in my office are able to pick up a landline telephone and send me a numeric message that will go to my iPhone in place of my pager. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

I think I know some of the solution but regarding this I am not very much sure that whether it will work in your case or not. The first thing is that you can get the AT & T voicemail number through the landline telephone which is dialing by the person. Then it will prompt them to input your telephone number then it will allow them to leave a call back or leave a voice mail. I think this would be the ideal one.

Good morning everyone. Does anybody acquainted with what an "access number" is. I am a firefighter and can take delivery of the information on active fire calls on my iPhone, they are asking for an "access number" They told me that this number will create my iPhone work as a pager to be given the information, but related to this I do not have any of the idea that what is this number.

Currently I am using the BlackBerry's as our pagers. And I would love to lose the BB and I am very happy in getting the iphone4. But actually BB is necessary for the paging. Now I am not able to make any of the moves. We can arrange the BB to seem for a specific word wherever in the subject line of an email to alter the message to a "Level 1" message. A level 1 message is able to vibrate. Does anyone know if this is achievable on an iPhone?

Here I just want to say that it is really absurd. How much tough was able to do it, possibly be to improve the text alerts to create them working as pager? And it is really no wonder for me and others also that my company stuck in proof of idea mode with iPhone. So I think you get this hope it will help you in some extent.

I use a service called Virtual Paging.
    They provide an actual pager phone number and it rings to my iphone as a text message. I also carry a blackberry and it rings to my blackberry at the same time as the iphone as an email.

On the iphone, the text message alert reminds me two more times if I forget to check the text. On the blackberry, I set up a gmail account specifically to receive pages and downloaded a ringtone that sounds like the original motorola bravo beep alert. Since blackberry allows you to designate a separate ring tone for each email account, this works best so a page doesn't get lost with all of the other emails coming in.

I am hoping apple upgrades their firmware down the road to allow individual ring tones for each email account as blackberry has already been doing.

I just added the pager app to my iphone and had directpage.com route my pages to the app's 7 digit pin number. This is what I've been waiting for.
    The app lets you assign different alert tones, keeps a history of the pages received and also has a repeat alert if you didn't read the page. Works great!