Thread: Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

The recent immediately the most recent weekend previous to New Year's my friend came from out of town right subsequent to I got my innovative XBOX 360. I had associated the XBOX 360 to my router via Ethernet cable and the whole thing went extremely well. On the other hand, immediately a couple days ago when I tried to get on Live, it presently would not attach. For some reason it might not become aware of the Ethernet cable or something, for the reason with the intention of the light for that port in the router was in addition not on. Here's my setup so you be able to observe what I am running by means of. I encompass a modem in the office, right on top of my parent's system. The modem (Motorola SBV 5220 Surfboard cable modem) has an Ethernet cable working with right outside into my drawing room where my router (D-Link DI-624 AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router) is sitting on the amusement center. Then there is an Ethernet cable working with commencing the similar router and into the Ethernet port in the back of my parent's system. Attractive straightforward set up - optimistically I explained it clearly. Anyways, by means of the entire with the intention of in mind, might anybody give me several suggestions on what I necessitate to do to get my XBOX 360 to attach to the internet, for the reason with the intention of ultimately I am going to get it worked on for the reason that it approximately seems as if the Ethernet port is not running on the XBOX. It in addition fails the IP test, so there's something that definitely necessitates doing it. Several help would be to a great extent appreciated!

Re: Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

Not actually recognizable by means of the XBox arrangement, other than there are a couple fundamental networking things you might try. If it's failing the IP test, with the intention of would imply with the intention of it not be able to talk to your router, not the internet, in view of the fact that that's where it gets it's IP address from. (Even though XBox might do this by means of an internet create certain) First, encompass you endeavor a dissimilar Ethernet cable to the XBox; one with the intention of you be familiar with is superior. Secondly, ports on the switch be able to go terrible without the whole switch failing. Be certain to power cycle the XBox on every of these checks so you remind it to go out and create certain for a correlation.

I have the similar predicament as you Harpoon70 additional than I am not certain whats up. Do not Comment back I am not a subscriber additional than everybody On this discussion be supposed to go to moreover XBOX.com/support or create a phone call to 1-800-4my-xbox(1-800-469-9269) I am endeavor to attach my xbox to xboxlive when I run the test it says it selected up my internet additional than not xboxlive I have called and completed the whole thing I be able to imagine of does anybody have several suggestions. When I hit it off on additional information in sequence. It says my maximum transmission unit settings are not high sufficient other than I am set at 3000 maximum transmission unit. What additional I have to do except it to work.

You be acquainted with, I presently remembered. When I had my 360 hooked up at home I make use of a rather extended Ethernet cord to hook up to the router transversely a basement by means of shaggy carpet, and static electricity was dreadful. When I wound up the cord to pack it up I disengaged from the router and went towards the 360 at the same time as it was tranquil associated to the console, most probable frying my Ethernet port.

My xbox 360 has had tribulations correlation to the internet and I have switched connecting hard-wiring it and utilizing a wireless adapter, and it would not even be familiar with moreover and the wireless adapter had the red light ring approximately it and not the green. Then most of them endeavor an additional xbox360 and it worked by means of the similar cable and same port and the identical wireless adapter. So I have no idea what might be up by means of my xbox.

I have completed the entire of the troubleshooting mentioned on top of. The static observation mentioned by Jackmomma has got me anxious in view of the fact that I do shift this Xbox connecting two rooms and it might have zapped it. Additional than, I do get a connection light on the router when I attach it and it does pull an IP address additional than immediately not the accurate one from my router. It determines to always pull the address 169.254.219.124 which is not a real address for public utilize. I have established with the intention of my router is running extremely well by means of the entire the additional computers plugged into it.