Thread: iPhone 4 - Slow wi-fi performance

iPhone 4 - Slow wi-fi performance

I am having the following problem. My iphone4 is with me as usual at home in the WLAN (Speed W503V). In principle, everything works except the speed. Had "vTuner radio" and "My eye TV" on it. In both cases (radio or TV), I keep getting crashes at the stream - the whole thing is not to use real slow. Both work on 3G software titles. My iMac with a cable to the router (DSL 16000) works without problems. Did the Wi-Fi router config with Telecom - all OK!! I have the app "Speedtest.net" get loaded with the iPhone via WLAN the following results:
    • Download: 1477.6 KB / s (3G 118 KB / s)
    • Upload: 106 kb / s (3G 332 KB / s)

Do not know if the OC is? Do I have any special settings on the iPhone. It's just a normal DHCP set!! Am grateful for any advice.

Re: iPhone 4 - Slow wi-fi performance

I am also having similar issues. Can only set the following (attached my settings):
    • Transfer Mode: 802.11b + 802.11g + 802.11n
    • Transmit power: high
    • Max speed 300MB / s: enabled
    Except for the switch-I have no other settings for WLAN. Frequency setting, I think not.

Set it once a trial set to 802.11g without the other modes. maybe changing your iphone always operating mode. Your router you should indicate on which channel it sends / receives, and it should show you, too on which channels other wireless send and receive with you in the environment. Could well be that you'll need another strong wlan the same channel share. Sometimes called frequency channel.

I have pretty much the same problem!! Youtube not working at all on the wireless! The video list loads very slow and the video itself does not! While it is the image, but when I press play does not start it! Safari works just very briefly and then quickly it lags. Takes about 40-50 seconds to open one page. So I have to wait for very long time. And when try to open some sites having the flash animations in it then after long time I get the message "Connection Time Out" and then I have to close it. This is very painful to do everytime. For me it is so that the WLAN with us at all not working well since I have the iPhone! LAN works fine but just not wireless! In all not computers! With our iPhone 3G does! On what is this? I really want to walk normally to the internet and watch YouTube videos! The remaining 4 works with the iPhone actually pretty good! Have another question: the home button was on the 3G so well rounded inside, but at first it had passed but beautiful! 4 When he is on right from the start a little bit added to the inside (I mean that it is not so nice about it!) Is with you too? I have done lot of settings but still the problem is persisting.

Have you already tried the power saving mode to switch off? Because it is often saved in the WLAN performance in the phone itself, as this makes her a lot. Furthermore, I would do all the tests in the week and most mornings, there is traffic during the weekend or at night a lot and the YouTube app does not access the official site, there may be differences to the PC - come home and the app side. Then gaze sometimes, because the iPhone now yes Mulitasking can also disable it and that someone with PC / MAC or other phones not just surfing the net I think, of course. Look for whether others in the iTunes App for the TV. the same report problems ...!!! Can indeed also be the developer. Do you have all the values you have identified in the Siebe space at the same location (distance to the router) made? If everything does not help usually helps put a total return without using the backup. This is annoying, but can sometimes resolve all problems. Also check the latest updates for the iTunes before you try to do anything. Even after that the problem is persisting then you will have to run to service center for checking the device.