Thread: iPhone/iPod Proxy Authentication not working

iPhone/iPod Proxy Authentication not working

I'm looking for a pious soul to help me solve a little problem that could be of help to all those who are forced to use the corporate proxy (ISA server) to go out on the internet, but since Microsoft requires NTLM authentication and my Nokia indeed I think everyone, do not support this type of authentication. Also I tried on iPhone still it is not working. Also iPhone SSL client certificate does not work. I am totally pissed off from these things and want to fix soon. Can someone from your side can assist me on this topic.?

Re: iPhone/iPod Proxy Authentication not working

User authentication with RSA certificate via iPhone Safari does not work with IIS Web site. I can not make it work. IIS only gives the "client certificate required" error and safari does not provide the certificate.
    Client:
    latest firmware iPhone 3 G
    CA certificates and user certificates implemented (they are shown as unsigned)
    Server:
    IIS, Windows XP (there are unanswered questions in the Web on IIS7 too)
    Require the client certificate option is
    Certificates:
    RSA
    a certification authority for the user and the server.Notes. SSL without client authentication works fine. I have read the instructions Dartmouth, and MIT Aundi over iPhone settings - these are for wifi I guess.

I am also having the similar problem. I am writing because after several attempts python interpreter that I installed on my Nokia E61 I decided to ask someone more practical to me, that is you, because several attempts by the hand, in interactive mode, I realized that the various forms necessary for certain were not present, such as: signal, getopt and thread ... Since the code there will most likely only enhanced, but not an expert code in general, I'd like to share with you my little problem. A friend of mine solved the problem on your iPhone using code NTLMAPS via Python without encountering any significant problems.

Hello, I would also use NTLMAPS on my nokia 6600. I have already successfully installed on my work computer that uses the ntlm proxy_parent company. Unfortunately I am not an expert on code optimization, but I'd settle for being able to produce a *.sis or *.jar from Insall on the phone from the *.py version (the one that is running on my PC is NTLMAPS-0.9 .9.0.1). You would know how? I will make attempts, I saw a tutorial on this forum (how to produce applications for symbian (or something)), keep in touch. I hope you will also able to do successfully authentication on your iPhone.

The iPhone supports SSL VPN, allowing you to access the VPN server SSL-SA series from Juniper and Cisco ASA. To do this, users need only download from the App Store a VPN client application developed by Juniper and Cisco. Like the rest of the iPhone VPN protocols, network access with SSL VPN you can manually configure the device or via a configuration profile. The iPhone supports standard technologies such as IPv6, proxies and tunnels divided by which offers an excellent experience VPN to connect to corporate networks. In addition, is compatible with various authentication methods such as passwords, tokens two-factor and digital certificates. In order to optimize the connection in environments which uses certificate-based authentication, the iPhone include VPN request dynamically initiating a VPN session to connect to certain domains. The iPhone is compatible with standard Cisco IPSec, L2TP over IPSec and PPTP. If your organization supports one of these protocols do not need any additional configuration or third-party applications to connect the iPhone to your VPN.

For configurations that use certificate-based authentication, the iPhone offers VPN request. VPN establishes a connection request automatically mind when accessing default domains, which offers users iPhone experience impeccable VPN network connection. This provision of iOS not require any additional configuration on the server. The VPN configuration request is made by a configuration profile or manually on the device. Not initiate a VPN connection to the addresses that match the specified domain, but if the VPN is already active, you can use. Start a VPN connection to the addresses that match the specified domain do, but only when a DNS query failed.

The following are the VPN settings:
    1. The iPhone will be integrated into many existing VPN networks with minimal configuration. The best way to prepare this facility is to test iPhone compatibility with VPN protocols and methods of authentication present in your company.
    2. It is recommended that the authentication path to the authentication server to ensure that standards are supported by the iPhone activated the facility in question.
    3. If you intend to use a certificate-based authentication, make sure your public key infrastructure is configured to support user-based certificates and device with the corresponding processes key distribution.
    4. If you want to configure specific proxy settings for a URL, put a PAC file on a web server accessible basic VPN settings and make sure it stayed with the MIME type application / x-ns-proxy-autoconfig.