Thread: Kernel panic from iPhone USB tethering

Kernel panic from iPhone USB tethering

I had a kernel panic which I had purchased recently. I am not certain, additional than it reads as if it was something to do by means of my using my iPhone 3GS as an Internet Tether through USB merely, I turned off bluetooth. It was the only different thing that I was doing at the time. As present I am not able to use the bluetooth. What might be the problem I am not able to find it can any body help me to come out of this problem.

Re: Kernel panic from iPhone USB tethering

I have been receiving KP's recently, too. In view of the information in sequence with the intention of I have modernized to iOS4 on my iPhone 3G, when I tether data commencing my iPhone to my MBP 13" via USB, I haphazardly get panics. I have comprised and isolated this down to USB tethering as well, for the reason that tethering via bluetooth does not cause this to occur. I have completed a restart to my iPhone (appropriate shut down AND force reboot) and tranquil get random kernel panics by USB tethering. Kind of infuriating, especially in view of the fact that concerning to my iPhone to tether via Bluetooth is flaky at times in OS X. I determine to be certain to position what information in sequence it dumps out next time I get this error.

I am satisfied it's not immediately me essentially I imagine with the intention of part of the tribulations is with the intention of the panic information in sequence is not mechanically sent to Apple. When the apparatus boots back up it is, of course, utilizing USB tethering, so it takes a at the same time as for with the intention of to set itself up by which time the panic description has given up. Nevertheless, the superior news is with the intention of it be supposed to be easy for Apple to fix isolated down to an error in comes driver creates it an attractive diminutive target to hit. It's almost certainly a buffer over-run/under-run or correspondingly easy coding error too. Pity they do not utilize Ada for their OS coding language, then this sort of thing would not occur.

I am having the precise identical difficulty on my iPhone 4 by means of 4.0.1. I have gotten 3 kernel panics on my MacBook Pro endeavoring to tether via USB by means of Bluetooth turned off on the phone presently today to the point where it's basically not usable. I am familiarity the kernel panics too at the same time as utilizing tethering from side to side USB on my iOS 4.01 iPhone 3G. Is there an explanation for this. It gets worse. Today I encompass an additional Kernel Panic. This time I was not utilizing tethering. It gives the impression of being the entire in excess of again, similar to a USB Ethernet error. My iPhone was associated at the time, additional than I did not encompass tethering turned on.

Here is a MeToo USB tethering reason a kernel panic on my mid 15" 2010 MPB fascinating. It occurs on my 15" Macbook Pro too in view of the fact that there are not hundreds of reports of this, perhaps it's associated to with the intention of somehow. I am in addition getting this on my Snow Leopard, 2010 Core 15 MacBook Pro. The Kernel Panics as almost immediately as tethering, it's starting to cause me a lot of apprehension. I in progress getting Kernel Panics when tethering my 3GS by means of iOS 4.1 via USB today too. It did not occur by means of iOS 3.x might not locate several additional information in sequence additional than this regarding the tribulations, does anybody have anything innovative.

This is not a fix to what seems to be an actual tribulations additional than why not utilize Bluetooth. I endeavor tethering out for a month and set up by means of bluetooth on my MBP 15 w/ 10.6.4 and an iP4 by means of iOS 4.1. Speed was extremely well. In addition do several of you have comprised additional devices plugged into the USB ports at the similar time. Conflicts tranquil occur. Is your Airport wireless on. Try by means of it off. In addition turn off Bluetooth. The iTunes open or closed. I would imagine iTunes would infrequently communicate by means of the phone and there might be a conflict if the system is utilizing the similar port for data. Endeavor it by means of iTunes closed unless iTunes is required to utilize USB tethering.

On one occasion when I hooked the phone to my Mac, do not retain information what was on and what was off. The subsequent time was when I detached the phone subsequent to it worked extremely well at the same time as the system was in sleep mode, Airport off, Bluetooth off, iTunes off. I am not going to of your own accord test when I get kernel panic and when not. I imagine it's comprehensible. BTW - regarding the USB vs Bluetooth tethering, Besides Bluetooth being unbalanced at times, you not be able to position the iPhone for Bluetooth simply, so if you desire to tether at the same time as charging, it determine to tether from side to side USB anyway.