Thread: iSimple iPod integration does not work with iOS4

iSimple iPod integration does not work with iOS4

I have contained the iSimple iPod amalgamation for a GM vehicle. By means of my iPhone 3GS it had worked extremely well. It would pop up an announcement "This accessory is not sustained or maintained by iPhone. I am not be capable to receive calls." I might simply dismiss the notification and it would run completely. At present, by means of iOS4, the notification determines to pop up and by no means goes away. If you hit it off dismiss, it immediately pops right back up. I actually necessitate some assist in figuring out what is going on. I imagine Apple superior figure this out it is preposterous with the intention of a product as advanced as an iPhone is not backward-compatible by means of accessories with the intention of Apple approves & permits to utilize the "Apple" and "iPod" names on their products.

Re: iSimple iPod integration does not work with iOS4

I am in on this and I am in addition facing the similar problem. The 3G working with iOS4 is no longer running by means of my iSimple apparatus. I immediately desire to create certain the MFG is aware and ensure they are running on an explanation via a firmware update. I had spoke to Peripheral Technology. They supposed to order a circuit board (part numeral PXAMC-1C) & take it to the position you had the box installed. They be supposed to be capable to install the board & upgrade the software the phone # 1-800-477-2267 ext. 230.

The iSimple position up for sale the adapter on their website ($30). It is presently on backorder in anticipation of July 5th additional than I am guessing this determine to get pushed back further as orders determine to pour in during the next week. Yes, I called the installer with the intention of did my inaugurate for the PXAMG and they said fraction and labor is $160. This is subsequent to the $250 with the intention of I spent to get the gateway. I do not be familiar with how these gateway things work, additional than I encompass a hard time believing with the intention of they not be able to immediately do a software update on the interface to create it work.

I have comprised and written to isimple 2x and they contain not written me back. Is the merely explanation to pay $200. I even purchased a revolting adapter, which seems similar to it be supposed to work. This had not work for me. I not be able to get the web page to load or Peripheral to call me back. Apple's IOS4 upgrading is sustained or maintained to be released today to the public. I determined to test an iPhone 3GS working with the gold master release of IOS4. The iPhone immediately repetitively pops up a window stating it is not companionable. No audio or controls run on the phone. I run in AUX mode. I did not endeavor the 'full' mode. I am not certain what firmware version or description I am working with on the iSimple, additional than as almost immediately as IOS4 is officially release I determine to be calling iSimple regarding compatibility.

I had recently talked to PAC regarding the iSimple Gateway. They determine to have comprised an innovative IC board obtainable for this apparatus on 06/23. This board be able to be ordered from the isimplesolutions.com website for $10.00. You determine to include swapping the IC Board in your Gateway unit by means of the innovative one, and then downloading software to bring up to date from updates.pac-audio.com and flash your unit. Then, it determine to work by means of the innovative iOS 4. Seems similar to a pain, additional than kudos to PAC for getting this ready so hurriedly, and at a reasonable price. Otherwise, the merely solution would be to purchase a new, updated apparatus when they begin manufacturing by means of the new IC Board.

By means of the intention of explains something. I in addition talked to them last night and was told it was additional than a firmware to bring up to date. I might not figure out what with the intention of meant, and the tech did not tell me no matter which further. With the intention of is a attractive superior response on their part, and if it not be able to be fixed by means of firmware the cost is reasonable. I be able to live by means of that. Regrettably, it means I necessitate to open up my dash the entire in excess of again. I imagine I determine to take with the intention of opportunity to reroute it into my glovebox.

I have encompassed a Saturn ION 2007 by means of the Peripheral PXAMG unit and iOS 4 GM release does not run on it. It demonstrate with the intention of it is charging, other than a dialog box continuously come into view on the iPod saying "accessory not support" and maintain re-appearing subsequent to I dismiss the communication (sounds similar to a multi-tasking loop tribulations). The PXAMG unit demonstrates "iPod not connected" on my head unit and the audio plays from side to side the iPod and not on the radio. I sent a make a note of to Peripheral systems to let them be familiar with regarding it optimistically someone determine to get it touch by means of me almost immediately regarding it.