Thread: Harmony software v 7.7 always brakes 880 remote's connection

Harmony software v 7.7 always brakes 880 remote's connection

I have an 880, and I've rationalized my Logitech remote software version 7.7. I'm running OS X 10.6.3. The firewall is disabled. No any Antivirus software is running on my pc. I have no other USB devices connected. I can attach the remote control (without battery put in) and USB port link is inveterate on monitor. When I try to update the remote, argues that "Connect the USB cable in the remote, or push any key on the remote control to make active it." I not at all had this trouble when using version 7.6 of the software. On the other hand, I searched the Internet and you can only find version 7.7. I uninstalled version 7.7, then reinstalled, but remains unchanged. Unfortunately, I have kept a copy of 7.6, otherwise it is lowered.

Re: Harmony software v 7.7 always brakes 880 remote's connection

As you said you just upgrade your version. So may be possible there is problem in installation or you cannot properly download the version. So I would like to suggest you that you should to download it once again and install it in your system and follow all instruction properly. Some time it happens when we install any new version then it shows some problem. When I did this means when I first time installed then it shows problem to me and then I uninstalled the software and again installed after some days it work fine. First you uninstall the software completely from your pc and then again install it may be something happens nice with you.

I read your problem completely on the same forum and I see you mention that you not using any kind of antivirus software on your system. So it may be the one strong reason of this kind of problem. Might be possible some virus come in your system during download. And viruses too strongly create problem. So I would like to suggest you that first update any better antivirus software in your pc and then format the pc. And again download and install the new version. There is much software such as “Norton” and many more are available in market or you can use net for this.

I am having the too similar problem with 7.7 with my Windows Vista. Once I promote, I can no longer inform the remote. And I am using very strong antivirus software on my computer. I download the new version 7.7 of Harmony software and it shows similar kind of problem to me. I never seen this kind of problem with my old version and I am not able to solve this problem. So if you have any suggestion for my problem then please helps me by posting your suggestion on the forum.

I am also a mac user! I am also using 10.6 and I had to physically configure the USB drivers. There is a walk from side to side in the FAQ's for it, or you could observe if customer care can provide it to you through the email such as they did for me. Firs you have to make call to the customer care center and tell him about your problem and then provide him your e-mail id and request him to provide the better and suitable solution for you problem.