Thread: iPhone Alarm Clock issue after iOS4.0 upgrade

iPhone Alarm Clock issue after iOS4.0 upgrade

What in the world is the problem with the iPhone? I have mine and the iOS that it was having was 3.1.3. In the night I just updated the iOS to 4.0 and went to sleep. Today in the morning around 7.00 am the iPhone woke me up. I was happy that the phone was working well. Then suddenly I found that the alarm was not stopping. It was ringing again and again after 5 minutes. I do not know what the exact problem was. I have seen that there are yet issues with the iOS 4.1 so I settled with the iOS 4.0 and this is the last thing that I can say would have caused me the problem.

Re: iPhone Alarm Clock issue after iOS4.0 upgrade

I think after the update the first application that got woke in the morning at the very first place. I am sure that the update must have affected the alarm application at the very first place. I think that it will be really great if you can get rolled back to the previous stable version of the iPhone. Please get it done and I am sure that you will get the way in the better and in a much smarter way. Hope that this will be done.

I am off some other opinion. I think that you should get with the updates of the iOS 4.1. You updated from the iOS 3.1.3 to the iOS 4.0 then it will be better to see what new can this update can bring for your iPhone. Try switching from the iOS 4.0 to the iOS 4.1 and see if that can bring something valuable for you. Well it is not true that the updates are prone to bring problem but the fact is how you are installing them on your iPhone. Try it and let me know what it suggested.

I would suggest you to go for the RESET option. Do in the manner that I am suggesting and I am sure that the problem will be solved. Perform the RESET and once it has been done successfully then you can try installing the iOS 4.0, if at all you are wishing to install the iOS 4.1 then you will have to again perform the RESET. Some of the updates require the RESET to work properly. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that this time you will succeed.

The better and the best thing after if at all the steps above or the suggestions that are given above do not work is to pay a visit to the nearest Service Center. I am of the opinions that if you are facing the problem while dealing with this then you can definitely go with the Apple’s Service Center. I am sure that they will tackle this and they are the best when it comes to their product. Hope that they will do it for free.

I do not think that this will really help but you can try this and please see if that is really helping. Please do it on your own risk:
    • First of all go in the Settings
    • After that go into the General tab
    • Under the General go to RESET
    • Beneath that go to Reset All Settings
    • Well after that the alarm on my iPhone yet hanged see if that can help.