Thread: iOS 4 Wifi Problems iPhone 3GS, HTTP Proxy...worked fine on 3.1.2/3.1.3

iOS 4 Wifi Problems iPhone 3GS, HTTP Proxy...worked fine on 3.1.2/3.1.3

Hello everybody.....
    I am having an issue, before I was on the version 3.1.2 in my 3GS Iphone and at work the wireless network works fine, but now with the IOS 4 it's not working. It is creating a problem with the wifi of my phone . Before I remember that always when I am going to connect to the wireless I was having a pop up window, something regarding "you need to accept the conditions.." Then I need to put my account and password, but this was an automated process.
    When i try it at home with my personal wireless works fine, it is just here at work, and I really need this wifi for carrying out my work...
    All the help will be appreciated.

Re: iOS 4 Wifi Problems iPhone 3GS, HTTP Proxy...worked fine on 3.1.2/3.1.3

Hey, I have updated it into the new version 4.0.1 and the problem is solved, it works as before. Now i am able to use the wifi connection withour any problem. you people can also try this out because this thing helped me solve my problem. I hope that also it can help to another people with the same issue... Just try these steps, i am sure it will help you...

Hey the problem is definately with the software and not with the hardware of the mobile phone.. So you can just try out for some software updation in your iphone because some times due to the software problem this wifi problems occurs.. You can go to the nearest apple service center and then try for the software updation in your moble phone. Once you update the software in your iphone you will definately have no issue with the wifi in your iphone...

The solution is to go to an Apple store and demand a replacement of the phone. Because it is related to the software problem in ios 4. You can just consult to the apple person and talk to him about the problem you are having with your iphone .They know that iOS4 bricks WiFi functionality for the 3G, you just need to push them.. Or if they refuse for the replacement then you can try for the software updation..

Well.. actually 4.1 does seem to solve the problem for me! Or atleast it drastically improved it. Where with 4.0, I had to switch Wi-Fi off and on nearly every single time I wanted to access the web .. Now, I cannot remember that the last time I had to do it. I would say I did it once since 4.1 was out. So you people can try for 4.1 instead of 4.0... Just try it out it will help you.

I went to Apple store after trying everything. (except to some of the extreme cases). My 3G connected to the wi-fi network at the Apple Store immediately. I talked to the "genius" and he gave me the same old crap (restore as new phone). I got home and it connected to my network. It worked all night . Today, back to nothing. I can see the network, but I cannot connect. It asks for password and says unable to connect. And so i think it is related to the handset.. So i will be going for the replacement of my cell phone...

The iPhone connects to a 802.11/g router and the TrendNet to 802.11/n router. If the TrendNet router should be configured to support both /g and /n, then I think that you might find that the http address for the TrendNet:192.168.10.1 and the default user name is 'admin' and password 'admin' .. You can try this out for solving your query if you are using the same router as mentioned above... I hope this information will help you out..