Thread: Remote App 2.0 - Letter search is not working

Remote App 2.0 - Letter search is not working

Hey guys i am having one problem which you people might also be facing. Yes it is related to the Remote App 2.0 - letter search is not working.. Mine gets about halfway through "B" then becomes "123". It is very annoying. I end up just having to search for the artist that I'm after. Someone please help! It is my single most used app... Please help me out because whenever i try to insert any word i am just not able to do so....Please help....

Re: Remote App 2.0 - Letter search is not working

I had the same problem with my cell phone. D to F was fine but after that there was a blank line for an artist then the rest were under '456'. I clicked on the blank line in the remote app and it went to the albums from an artist so i checked that artist in itunes and then for some reason that artist's name wasn't showing under the album name for some of the albums. I selected all the songs by that artist, went to 'get info' and reset the artist name (with the box ticked). The artist name was then shown under the album name in itunes. Went back to remote app and problem solved!. This trick helped me out. So i suggest you people to try the same..

I have just downloaded and installed the new version of Apple's Remote Application for iphone, iPod touch. But the search function in the Artist list at the right side is not working 100%. It is working a bit.I can scroll down but it stops at the letter H. I cannot scroll down below the Letter with the Letter search bar. But i can do normal scrolling. This information not actually helped me but to some extent it helped me....

Hey i am having the same problem with the remote app 2.0 on my iphone. It worked when I first installed it. But now it says that it cannot find my itunes library. I have everything setup correctly such as the firewall to allow itunes connections and I am on my home wifi network. And my i mac also gets connected..I have already set up everything correctly in my device... But it helped me somehow.....

I had the same problem with my cell phone but somehow i managed to overcome this situation.. I just tried to update the system software which is already been installed in my iphone... So i went up to the apple service center and got all my system software updated for free....And now i am happy with my cellphone as it is working fine...

I am having the same problem with my iphone but i managed to overcome this problem.. I just tried to update the system software of my iphone which is already been installed in my phone... So i went to the apple service center and got all my system software updated for free of cost....And now i am happy with my cellphone as it is working fine... Or else you can just go for the replacement of your iphone...

Hey you can try out for some software updation in your mobile phone. Because some times what happens is if the software you have installed in your mobile phone is corrupted or is not the latest one then it might create this kind of problems.. So just go the apple service center and have your iphone updated with the software which is updated and the latest version... I am sure that you will find a perfect solution after going through this thread.....