Thread: iPhone 3Gs iOS 4.1 crashes during call

iPhone 3Gs iOS 4.1 crashes during call

I have recently upgraded my iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.1. But I think this version of iOS is somewhat buggy. It crashes when I am on call. Some times my calls are dropped leaving me with a white screen. I am forced to shut down and restart my iPhone to get it back. Is this problem of iOS 4.1 or something else? How can I fix this problem?

Re: iPhone 3Gs iOS 4.1 crashes during call

This problem occurs if you have lesser memory. If you are shorter at memory or have very less free space on your iPhone then you may face this kind of problem. What happens is that since you have less memory, you may have some unhandled multitasking applications left on your phone which results in iPhone to crash.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This seems to be some network related problem. I would suggest you to go to iPhone, navigate to Settings and then go to "General" settings which is available on the left hand side of the screen. Click on Reset and then choose “Reset Network Settings.” Thus you have removed all the stored passwords or other related information.

Thanks for your solution but I have already tried resetting the network settings but it didn't helped. Regarding memory, how can I free up it? How will I come to know which application is causing me iPhone crashing problem? Is there any simple way to release my iPhone memory or do I have to install some software that? Please help!

If you do not require any applications then it is better to close it since it is occupying some memory of iPhone. To close an application successfully you need to double click the home key and then hold down the application icon till you can see it wiggling. Finally click on the small red ring to close it completely. You can also use some free applications to release your iPhone memory.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"