Thread: Cannot open mime attachments (winmail.dat) on my iPhone 4.0 ? Please Help!

Cannot open mime attachments (winmail.dat) on my iPhone 4.0 ? Please Help!

I mostly use internet to view my emails and in my case most of the emails have some attachments asap which contains some important data and I have to see that immediately. I have just bought the iPhone 4.0 and the problem is that whenever I try to access the simple mime attachment on my emails then it fails to access that. I switched from blackberry to iphone and now I think that it was a wrong decision. Is there anyone who can tell me any method to access this winmail.dat attachment.

Re: Cannot open mime attachments (winmail.dat) on my iPhone 4.0 ? Please Help!

This is the bug in the Microsoft with Outlook on a PeeCee. They already knew about this but decline to do anything for this. Whenever any Outlook user uses RTF for message composition then it has some Microslop proprietary format and he has the wrong thinking that everyone is using Outlook or the overwhelming majority.

If you get the emails in plain text then only you will be able to see that attachment but I know that it is not possible to tell everyone to send attachments in a plain text format. Outlook also has the option for the individual contacts in your address book to for all time send a message to a contact through plain text if the default message composition is put for RTF for every messages.

Hi, You can do what the Regina has suggested you and that will work for you. But instead of that you can also try the Winmail File Viewer software. You will have to pay something for this and it is around $0.99 but it will help you to open the winmail.dat attachment very easily and will solve your problem. I am already using this software and it is working fine for me. This software is available on iTune store and you can buy it from there.

You can use the app that is suggested by Odalis and I also know that will work for you. But before purchasing that software you should contact the manufacturer and ask them about he issue and see how they can help you. If they knew each and every feature of their product and will provide you the best solution. If you are not satisfied with then then you dont have to worry because you already have the other option that is Winmail File Viewer.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thank you very much all of you for your posts. I have solved my winmail.dat attachment issue with the Winmail File Viewer application. This application is like charm and solves the issue. Now I can open all the attachments in my emails in any format. I am very happy with this and I would like to all who are facing the similar issue. This application will be the best option for you.