Thread: sony vaio win7 wifi switch

sony vaio win7 wifi switch

i dont wish to beat a dead horse but... i have a sony vaio with win 7. initially the problem was wifi would not automatically connect to any network. had to do it manually after wake or restart. so i read bonjour was the prob so i disabled it nothing. now wifi wont work at all (bonjour enabled) (system restore). only works tethered to router. vaio's intel my wifi utility says wifi switch is off but it isnt. wifi works initially on start up but shuts down after a second or two. i've updated all posible drivers, disasembled the laptop to check physical connections, and the switch itself. nothing seems out of place.
    wifi works in safemode w/network enabled so i asume it is a software problem. i have spent hours googling, binging, yahooing, around checked for 3rd party lan in registry, messed with apple stuff, cmd dnsflush. currently on fresh system restore please help or direct me to proper solution thank you for your time
    bill

Re: sony vaio win7 wifi switch

Can you try to check the manual for your laptop model and for its any key combinations. You don't actually know whether wireless is working or not, but I assume it is not. Go Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and see if the wireless network adapter is present or whether it yellow flagged as faulty.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: sony vaio win7 wifi switch

Everything in device manager is ok drivers up to date device is working properly. I think this must be a software issue because when I start the computer wifi shows up and displays possible connections but idunno some background program starts up or something I just don't know how to find out what. But all is well in safe mode w/network