Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iPhone 4 not eligible for free case?!

Portable Devices

Old 14-10-2010

iPhone 4 not eligible for free case?!

I am very happy because my mom gave me iphone4 as my birthday gift juts two days before. It is new and bought from Apple store room. Today I downloaded free case program application to work on my phone but it said that my mobile phone is not eligible for free case application. I called back to the apple store center and also called to their helpline number, both said me that I should get these application. I think so apple store person gave me returned phone which was not able to get free case applications. Is it possible?

Old 14-10-2010

Re: iPhone 4 not eligible for free case?!

Congratulation for your birthday gift. I do not think so that it is a big problem and about apple store, they will never do it because it will harm their reputation. As you said that you just bought it two or three days before, then I will advise you to visit apple service center. I think so it is software problem which they can solve easily. Don’t do anything yourself because it can loss your warranty.
Old 14-10-2010

Maybe it is possible to get a returned mobile from apple but in that case you should get different error message. Suppose if that case has been ordered using this iphone unique number, then it should generate message stating that “"An order has already been received for this iphone". But I think so you are getting different message which is explaining that you are not eligible to access case application. So it proved that it is not a returned UNIT. I will also suggest you to visit Apple for the solution.
Old 14-10-2010

If you purchased it in brand new condition then you should not have all these issues. It should be available in brand new condition in complete original packing. This packing should be enough to recognize that it is brand new phone or not. Have you called iTunes and have you activated your iphone? Returned phone will look different and will show that it has been used before. In returned phone you will not be able order case application by that unique number.
Old 14-10-2010

These free case applications were launched by apple for those mobile phones that were facing antenna problem. Now they have solved that issue and you can use this kind of application. I read somewhere that after 30th Sep, free case application will be discontinued. So if you purchased this mobile after 30th Sep 2010 then you will not be able to use free case application. But you can use third party application without any problem. There are lots of third party applications which support iphone 4
Old 15-10-2010

If you have purchased this phone before 30th Sep 2010 then also you can have some problems. If you want to use this free case application then download case application form App store and launch all these application on your mobile. Now login to you iTunes store account/Apple ID. Select your case application. For iPhone 4 bought previous to July 23, 2010, you should relate no afterward than August 22, 2010; or else, you should relate inside thirty days of ur iPhone 4 purchases. To get succeed for this application, you should buy iPhone 4 before September 30, 2010."

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,