Thread: iphone:How to dismiss keyboard after sending SMS

iphone:How to dismiss keyboard after sending SMS

I am using iphone 4 and I am really very happy with its features. I am not seeing any problem in my 3G connectivity which I was facing in my last nokia mobile. Its touch screen is also very sensitive. I have one problem, I want to hide my keyboard after reading SMS because its reduce the visibility of my screen. Exactly it is not a problem; I am not able to utilize it properly. If anyone known to this issue please tells me all the steps.

Re: iphone:How to dismiss keyboard after sending SMS

Yes I know this is not the problem. It is happening because you do not know how manage your keyboard settings. I cannot solve your problem because I have also same query on my iphone. You cannot read your full SMS and will also face problem to read previous SMS. I have read my complete user manual but nowhere is written this trick. If you have solved your issue please also update it here for other users.

I have one trick to hide this touch keypad but it is not permanent. It is not the solution but just a trick. You should press hit button while reading SMS and it will hide your keyboard. But you have to be careful when you have completed your reading, always press Done button rather than “Clear”. If you will clear button it will erase your whole DATA. But it is not the permanent.

This problem is a bug in its user interface. Almost every user facing problem with this keypad visibility. Whenever I receive new SMS and I go back to see it, I found my keyboard there also and its irritate me a lot. I tried to found that is there any possibility to hide keypad but I found nothing there. Even technician are also not able to solve this problem. I sent them one email about this problem but I have not received any reply yet

I also have one trick to solve your problem when u wants to read more than one SMS from your phone inbox. When you are reading SMS press Edit button and clear all inputs and then go back to message list and now return to the same message and you will not get keyboard here. If you will click on next button and you will be able to read next message also without any interruption.

Here's a solution. Not sure whether it was there prior to iOS5, but you just swipe your finger up or down, crossing over the entire keyboard and blank text line to instantly hide/reveal the keyboard.