Thread: Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 not working with a different SIM

Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 not working with a different SIM

Freshly, I bought a factory unlocked iphone 4 in Germany and brought it back to India and activated the phone all the way through iTunes using an previously trimmed SIM(because there are refusal Micro sims obtainable in my country) of 'Cellone' Carrier that I was by means of for my iPad as quite a number of time. The phone got activated with no issues and I was intelligent to use all the functionalists of it. Though, my 'Cellone' SIM is intended for data usage on my ipad and for normal calling reason, I desire to use my 'Aircel' Carrier SIM. Therefore, I have trimmed my Aircel SIM to fit hooked on my new iphone 4. Though when I put in the Aircel SIM, the phone is not predictable/recognizes it and shows the "NO SIM" message in phone. So what is the issue and how can I overcome these issue any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 not working with a different SIM

As you have mentioned above that you have trimmed the Aircel sim card and then inserted in the iphone and it is not working so there are chances that the sim card get corrupted or damaged fully. You have to first check the sim card in other devices as it is working or not, if it is not working then you have to buy a new sim card to trim and use in the iPhone 4, these will for sure resolve your issue.

I am very much sure that I have properly trimmed the aircel SIM because when I plug in the sim card in my iPad 3G it was working very well there and I browse the internet for more than two hours. I have also tried it as I have inserted another Micro sim which recognizes it properly with no matter so what is the actual problem with these please provide the appropriate solution to overcome these issue any recommendation on the issue will be appreciated.

As the iphone that you are using is the factory unlock so you have to use the sim card service as specified by the apple as they have a contract with the service providers n a number of the country. In India there are a limited number of the service provider for the iphone 4 so you have to contact the apple customer care assistance for the list of the service providers in India or you can get it from the nearest apple apps store this will resolve your problem in a better way.

If the phone is working fine with the Cellone service provider and you are able to access all the features then what is the problem just stick to it. There are chances that you will get more number of the service providers in the further for iPhone 4 in India till that you have to use the Cellone as service provider, there is no other alternative available for these to provide service to the factory Unlocked iphone 4 in India.

If you are not able to use any other service provider on the iPhone 4 in India so the option available to you is to contact the apple support desk for further help and support on the given topic as you also tried the trimming of the sim card and it doesn’t worked for you. You can also visit the apple’s service center or the nearest app store to get the issue sorted out there, till then you have to use the previous sim card that is working properly in the iphone 4.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"