Thread: Slow/non-existent data connection on 3GS/iOS 4.0.1

Slow/non-existent data connection on 3GS/iOS 4.0.1

I am using 3G services form last November. It was giving me best services and connectivity. But two days ago I update my mobile software to iSO v4.0.1 via iTunes. And from that day I am not happy with my 3G connectivity. Whenever I try to upload webpage in safari, it gives me error that unable to access webpage because server has stopped responding. I got same results if I try to use data connection via any different application like facebook. But everything is working fine on wi-fi. I was able to access some WebPages yesterday when I was in middle of my city and the network strength of my 3G was 4 to 5 bars. But this time also it took long time. At my house I also receive same strength, but nothing happening. Is anyone known to this problem? Please give me your very important.

Re: Slow/non-existent data connection on 3GS/iOS 4.0.1

Yes I have seen lots of iphone user who are facing different different problem after updating their OS to latest IOS. As you said that your wi-fi is working well then it’s sure that problem is with your 3G connection. Is your mobile is under warranty? If it is then you should go to technician department and let them solve your problem. Try to remove your battery and the put it back and turn on your mobile. Maybe its can be helpful for you.

I have already called to technician support center and they did not help me. I usually use only 3G connections to get internet access but after updating it is not possible. When I called to support center they told me to reset 3G network setting and then reset my entire settings, but all these things were useless. Now I think so I have to check my SIM card in another handset to check where the problem is; in my SIM card or in my mobile phone.

They have given you right advice. It is the real and helpful technique to find and solving the problem. But if still you are not getting 3G networks after resetting your phone then you should try to test on your SIM card. Put your SIM card in another iphone and also take another SIM card and test in your iphone to check where the problem is. if your SIM test is passed and fault is in your iphone then you have to terminate/uninstall all the software updates.

Hi everyone on this forum! I am also with this issue. In my phone I am not able to use 3G network properly. Before updating everything was right and I was able to use. But today when I was out for office work I was getting almost 3 to 4 bars of signal and my mobile get manage to access internet. So problem is with network connection. At my house I was getting 3 to 4 bar network strength before updating but nowadays I am just able to get 1 or maximum 2 bar and that is the only reason I am not able to use internet. So, main issue is Network. My mobile phone is not able to access available access network after updating its OS.