Thread: iPhone 4 won't turn on

iPhone 4 won't turn on

This afternoon I put my iphone on charge while it was not totally empty. I might have kept it for only 20 minutes or so on charging and when i disconnected from charger because I had to move from my pc, my iphone 4 refused to turn on. I tried to turn it on again with all the tricks that I know but nothing is working. I didnt do anything prior to this issue. Can anyone please tell me how do I get my iPhone 4 to turn on? Thanks

Re: iPhone 4 won't turn on

It might be possible that the iOS operating system in your iPhone 4 has crashed and has to be rebooted again. Sometimes due to some issues, the firmware of a iPhone device gets corrupted. So to solve this issue, plug the phone to a wall charger for atleast 15 minutes. Incase it is just a low battery then the phone will come on by itself. If not then hold the Home and Power button at the same time and an Apple logo will appear in 20 seconds or so. After that release both buttons and wait for 1 minute and your iPhone will be back to normal.

Re: iPhone 4 won't turn on

Can you check the Sleep or Wake button functions? If it doesnt then try to inspect it for signs of damage. Incase the button is damaged and not working while you have pressed it then go to Apple service center. You can also try to check if there is a Liquid Contac Indicator activated or there are signs of corrosion. You can get more information about it from this link - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3302. You can also try to connect the iPhone's USB Power adapter and let it charge for atleast 15 minutes and then test your iPhone.

If none of the above solution is working then try to reset your iPhone 4 while it is connected to the iPhone USB power adapter. You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it. To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Even after restoring the iPhone didnt solve the problem then you should try to go to the Apple Service Center for its repair.